Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

Oh and if you want real rubbish claims to fame…

I tour managed the first ever independent (i.e. not state sponsored) tour of the USSR by a Western Rock Band.

That was Big Country

But you're going to tell me otherwise I'm sure

If they went it was state sponsored

No .. They went independently a Russian pop star Stas Narmin arranged it ...

(1988), which saw the band playing the first ever privately promoted gig in Russia at the Moscow Sports Stadium.

Big Country’s latest album, ‘Peace In Our Time’, may have been recorded in America, but it was launched with a party inside the Russian Embassy, and promoted with a series of concerts inside the Soviet Union. Others have made the trip behind the Iron Curtain, but what made this package a little bit special was that, for the first time, the organization was in the hands of private individuals – not a Party official in sight, comrade!

Hmmm, maybe my rubbish claim to fame just got a little more rubbish then and therefore in the context of this thread, even better :mrgreen:

It must be first person to TM an Indie Band on a privately funded tour in the USSR (as we were there Feb 1989)

• Like 1

Is this one rubbish enough for you?

I know two women (neither of who know each other, and live at opposite ends of the country) who have been on a date with Titus Bramble.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

I met lower league and soccer AM favourite Bas Savage (famous for his moonwalking celebration) on Khao San Road in Bangkok and had a few drinks with him.  Found out he was playing in the Thai Prem for 'Telecommunications of Thailand Sports Club' (TOTSC).  A few days later I went along to watch him and chanted 'one Bas Savage' after the match to get his attention.  He invited me down onto the pitch and had a chat and a kick about and a couple of photos.  He also invited me out with the team that night but I had to get a night train To Chiang Mai.

• Like 3

Sid Owen told me to 'leave it out mate' when i got too rowdy in a Koh Samui nightclub in 2007

I served Paul Merson a fanta and a large bag of revels when I worked at Showcase Erdington

My Mom flirted with Derek Mountfield at Carefour (or was it Gateway?) in Minworth. He was wearing a lotto shellsuit.

Josef Venglos patted me on the head while ordering salami at the deli counter at the hypermarket mentioned above

I once had a discussion about my trousers with Adam Woodyatt. He was all like "we're wearing the same trousers" and I was all like "no way!"

You actors are all the same. Swanning around with your fawn coloured chinos. 

• Like 1

Haha I've just thought of another two...

I once gave Bill Tarmey (Jack Duckworth) a light and had a fag with him between scenes whilst he was filming Corrie and the band I was looking after were doing a session for Granada TV

I once gave Anthony H Wilson the "Yes I do know who you are but you ain't got a balcony ticket so you can stay the **** downstairs anyway" speech at a Mondays gig in the Free Trade Hall in Manchester. I won the following battle of the stares too!

Â