Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I once saw Marti Caine going up those horrible dodgy stairs that used to go from station street by the electric cinema up to the back of the palisades. Such glamour in such a grimy location. 

I shook hands with Michael elphick and told him I though he was a top bloke (probably thinking he actually was boon) when I was extremely drunk and he was dancing with a couple of twenty something blondes in town. 

I have sent Tom Ross so many times I have felt like telling him to stop stalking me though I appreciate that is pushing "fame" 

Joan Collins on once asked me to excuse her so she could get to the bar

Had a beer with Paul Merson and Ian Olney who I have to say was a thoroughly decent bloke along with quite a few other Villa Legends with The Old Stars. Scored a penalty against Spink whilst wearing a dress (me that is) 

Seen Roman abramovich at hotel du Vin. 

My favorite was walking out of a sandwich shop and straight into Robert Vaughan. I mean Jesus not only a man from UNCLE but was actually a star in The Magnificent 7 proper old skool Hollywood in fr1ggin church street B3. 

Met Craig Gardner but less said the better. Dion Dublin when he had his broken neck. 

Probably a few more I can't remember now will have a think.

Dooohh.  Met Sid a couple of times including in The Baggies away end. Makes you weep at these multi millionaire playboy's who can't pass a ball for sh;t and have nothing useful to offer the world but twattishness and here is a humble lovely man with skills and passing ability that would dazzle now irrespective of how the game has moved on.  I thoroughly believe that if he played for us as he was in his prime last year we would have avoided relegation he WAS THAT GOOD

• Like 1

Ok, here are all my rubbish fame links (the ones that I can remember anyway, I think there's more) -

My grandmother once danced with Billy Wright.

My mum was bought some mouth ulcer sweets by Geoff Hurst (my mum used to work for Telford F.C. and Geoff was the manager at the time).

My parents know a bloke who once bought a car from Ian McShane.

Tim Flowers used to live on the same street as me when he played for Wolves.

I used to play snooker in the same venue as the keyboard player for the band Magnum, Mark Stanway.

Gary Shaw stood next to me while watching my village's football team playing the Aston Villa all star xi. I didn't have the bottle to speak to him. The all star team won 2-0. Mark Kinsella was my man of the match.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

I played nip the squid on Going Live.

I was also on National Lottery-winning lines

I've also cooked for Robert Plant, as well as some not so mega famous celebrities like Michaela Strachan, Dave Benson-Phillips, Nick Owen, Bob Holness and Glenn Tipton

4 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I played nip the squid on Going Live.

I was also on National Lottery-winning lines

I've also cooked for Robert Plant, as well as some not so mega famous celebrities like Michaela Strachan, Dave Benson-Phillips, Nick Owen, Bob Holness and Glenn Tipton

Dave Benson-Phillips should not be amongst the also rans.

He was by far the biggest star in the house for years. We still have three of his videos, we don't have a VCR. His work on Fun Song Factory is legend. 

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

I have been in:

• The Imitation Game
  • Endeavour
  • Holby City
  • Eastenders
  • Veep
  • Silk
  • Call the Midwife
  • Birds of a Feather
  • Dough
  • London Fields

amongst others. I even had lines.

These seem more like proper claims to fame, but fair play! I've always wondered what it would be like to be an extra. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Dave Benson-Phillips should not be amongst the also rans.

He was by far the biggest star in the house for years. We still have three of his videos, we don't have a VCR. His work on Fun Song Factory is legend. 

Ki9F7n

Edited by AlwaysAVFC
gif fail
  • Like 2

I once sh@gged a woman from sheffield who had, herself sh@gged Lee Chapman whilst in spain on a pre season jolly (him, not her !) a few years previously. She was a massive blades fan and he was playing for sheff weds at the time. She did it for a bet and that she thought he was a rocket polisher; said he was crap (in the sack) and told him as much during the post coital cigarette...(she also didnt like Lesley Ash for some reason, which added to the bet somehow).

I met her online and went up to stay at her's. The next morning, she got tickets to the infamous blades v west brom game that was abandoned cos of all the united players being sent off/injured.......I think they were down to 6 outfielders on the pitch and were losing 3-0 anyway.

Needless to say, I didnt get any action that night as she "werent int' mood for us jump !" as she so bluntly put it. Shame, she were a reet fit lass 'n all.

Edited by mottaloo

7 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Think I've just seen Matt Lowton at Seafire Restaurant at the Atlantis Hotel here in Dubai.

Rubbish enough for you?

Seeing Bacuna instead would have been more rubbish.

Â