Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

There was a question of why Konsa at right back tonight from some. 

Diego humbled and made Haaland look nothing short of ordinary today and that is why Konsa stayed out wide. 

I love Ezri but if Cash was out wide and Ezri was on Haaland, it may have been different. He can hold his own but Diego showed brute strength that was mental. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

As good as Konsa has been I feel Carlos will be more complimentary to Pau.

That added strength and physicality will add a lot to the defence.

I think the 3 are complimentary to each other the way Unai has rotated and managed all of them is excellent and then we have Lenglet on the bench with Mings to return from injury we have fantastic depth at the back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chine said:

Haaland trying to outmuscle the muscle , lol.

It was interesting to watch, after their first tussle Carlos pretty much got the better of him and the referee gave Villa a foul.

Second time they fought Haaland threw himself to the ground to win a free-kick when he was the one fouling Carlos by pulling the Villa man's shirt. Haaland knew he couldn't better him in a physical battle.

Carlos again, like Torres and Konsa is so calm and confident on the ball; he also was brilliant last night with some lovely passes, dinked one over Bernardo Silva too which was audacious! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Need to see a replay of that his wrestling match with haaland. Very entertaining.

Carlos and Torres provided a CB passing masterclass last night.

Around the 63rd minute - got into a scrap right at the sideline. Haaland got away with the ball and may be fortuitous to us too because Diego was charging after him intent on taking him down.

To borrow an American footbalism - "low man wins" - and Diego's got too much muscle and the leverage for Haaland to get one over him.

Â