Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

The more I read up about this guy, the more I think he’s coming in to play on the left in the centre back pairing. For some reason, I just can’t see him playing alongside Mings. 

Could it be our plan is to pair him with Tarkowski and then sell Hause and Konsa? Or could we sell Mings if the right offer comes in? 

45 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The more I read up about this guy, the more I think he’s coming in to play on the left in the centre back pairing. For some reason, I just can’t see him playing alongside Mings. 

Could it be our plan is to pair him with Tarkowski and then sell Hause and Konsa? Or could we sell Mings if the right offer comes in? 

If he is playing on the left then i think mings will be sold. If we get a 30m+ offer i think we might sell.

Im not sure how i feel about selling mings. On one hand he is so mistake ridden and makes alot of mistakes in one season that cost us goals.

However when he is playing well he plays excellently. Also seems to be a bit of a leader on the pitch something we desperately need. Id only sell if a big bid comes in. If its Newcastle has to be over 40m for me

The best bit about this transfer from other clubs perspective (aside from the salt from Newcastle fans) is that if Chelsea want Kounde, they will probably have to pay the full release clause now! 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I hope not, Mings left and Carlos right for me.

If you look up transfermarkt Carlos has played equally left or right CB, he is comfortable either side.

Be madness to sell Mings (IMHO).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I hope not, Mings left and Carlos right for me.

If you look up transfermarkt Carlos has played equally left or right CB, he is comfortable either side.

Be madness to sell Mings (IMHO).

Agreed, it'd be so stupid of us to sell Mings, hopefully he sticks around. Love the guy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If he is playing on the left then i think mings will be sold. If we get a 30m+ offer i think we might sell.

Im not sure how i feel about selling mings. On one hand he is so mistake ridden and makes alot of mistakes in one season that cost us goals.

However when he is playing well he plays excellently. Also seems to be a bit of a leader on the pitch something we desperately need. Id only sell if a big bid comes in. If its Newcastle has to be over 40m for me

When you have two right footed CBs one of them has to play on the left. A right footed CB will prefer to play on right side of defence as that's naturally where suits them best. It's great that Carlos can play either side of defence as it means he can replace Hause position in our squad and we have 1 LCB, 2RCB and Carlos who can play either. 

It makes absolutely no sense to sell our Club Captain as he has been the best CB at the club for years now. Costa + Mings is the best partnership we can field. I thik what Carlos brings now is open competition for places including Mings. I see McGinn becoming club captain. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I have no idea what to think of this signing. Seems to be quite mixed opinions. 

Oh well, it's exciting at least. 

You have to expect the CB who gets on the ball as much and makes as many passes as Diego to have more errors leading to shots than a CB who smashes the ball out of play and doesn't take responsibility to play the ball out of defence. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He just isn't consistently good. Far too mistake laden to be a top centre- half. If we go to the next level, then we need next level centre- halves. 

40 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I have no idea what to think of this signing. Seems to be quite mixed opinions. 

Oh well, it's exciting at least. 

La Liga team of the season. Answers my questions as to how good he is . And how good his peers / media think he is 

8 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

La Liga team of the season. Answers my questions as to how good he is . And how good his peers / media think he is 

Just watch him play in games where we know how good the opposition are (premier League teams) is a better way to judge him without him playing for us.

For me atm he's a squad player who has to fight to break into our team , he wouldn't be my starter for our first game.

• Confused 1

Whatever the opinions on the player, and I have few as I've never seen him play, I think every Villa fan should be happy that we're getting in our wanted targets and getting them in early.

I may have doubts on Gerrard but I'd rather he be given every chance for success rather than be set up to fail.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

This is being used to batter Carlos on twitter but to be honest I'm not sure I've ever seen a player this close to keeping up with Traore in a straight foot race. He looks seriously rapid to me. 

I literally came to post the same thing! Also Wolves missed the resulting penalty and then got knocked out 1-0 by Sevilla so was actually great work by Carlos.

Although had he done his homework he'd have known Adama was hitting the corner flag with his shot

• Like 1

Â