Hungary v England/Germany v England/England v Italy/England v Hungary Nations League

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, add him to the list along with mount, phillips and rice where fans who watch him every week will tell you he doesn't play that role

Liverpool fans with TAA will almost certainly be the same, I bet they hate watching him play for England 

Klopp doesn't like how he is played for England 😂

Typical Southgate "Pick the players from the Bigger clubs" bottlejob performance for me. Lucky it wasn't a bigger defeat from what I saw. Awful team selection & tedious cowards football.

Bowen looked Championship quality with his dismal finishing, though had a few dangerous moments/dribbles. No surprise who gave the penalty away lol! I thought the defence looked awful to be quite honest and I am relieved Mingsy boy was not there to take the brunt of it. 

I thought Phillips looked way off it when he came on & why on Earth bring him on when chasing a lead anyway?

Bellingham is clearly a prospect & one for the future..... But clearly that future is not quite yet as he looked a liability I thought & was constantly giving possession away.

Maybe will knock them down a peg or two as they looked a bit cocky headed to me.

I will say though, how stupid to have this tournament inbetween a covid affected season & a World cup in Dec?! Fools!

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Klopp doesn't like how he is played for England 😂

I don't think anyone likes how any player plays for England. 

When Southgate made that ridiculous decision allowing  Saka to take that penalty , he should have been relieved of his duty the next morning. One of the worse managerial decisions in football, ever.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Because no one wanted the job, even Southgate seemed reluctant at the time. It's easy to forget that the team Hodgson/Allardyce left behind was pretty shit, and most of England's best/most exciting players have emerged over the past 6 years.

Edit - On that last point, looking at the current England set up, I'd say only Walker, Henderson, Sterling and Kane were playing a regularly and at a level good enough for England when Southgate took over.

Certainly would’ve been interesting to see how Allardyce would’ve progressed.

v Germany

Pickford

Trippier      Stones         Maguire      Saka

Phillips     Rice

Bellingham

Sterling          Kane          Grealish

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

v Germany

Pickford

Phillips     Rice

Bellingham

spacer.png 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

v Germany

Pickford

Phillips     Rice

Bellingham

Not enough right backs

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

v Germany

Pickford

Phillips     Rice

Bellingham

At least sterling has the ability to run past kane and plug the gap when he plays in our own half 

Laughable excuse

"We have to accept that we did not do enough to win the game, a draw would have been the fair outcome. We did not create too many clear-cut chances and the actual result hinged on a decision which is harsh but probably won't be overturned."

Hungary should have score another goal. So, how is a draw a fair result?

Just play a pressing game with intensity, i.e with the quick players, Sterling, Grealish, Saka, Foden, as an example (when available). We will destroy most teams. Instead, Southgate bores us to death with a defensively minded team, who just kick it around, passing back no risks.

He seems to always start with the players he wants to start, like he is a bit of a control freak, rather than a team who will actually win you games. Starting the likes of James Justin, Justin James, was a bold move, like he thought this game would be too easy. Play your f***** best team, every game, an bring on the experiments when the game is won. Stop trying to win brownie points with the media, his job is to win!!!!

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Laughable excuse

"We have to accept that we did not do enough to win the game, a draw would have been the fair outcome. We did not create too many clear-cut chances and the actual result hinged on a decision which is harsh but probably won't be overturned."

Hungary should have score another goal. So, how is a draw a fair result?

One of the female presenters, actually said 2-0 wouldn't have been a fair result the way we played. They actually didn't want to say anything against Southgate or the team, until Owen as good as said they were useless.

18 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Personally Its hard to get worked up on something that I don't give a sh*t about.

Two years in I have no idea how the Nations League works and I can't be bothered now to work it out. It is meaningless football bolted onto a already too long season.

It’s easy.  It’s the normal meaningless friendly matches repackaged to sound slightly better than ‘meaningless friendly’ so they sell more tickets, especially in countries where football and the national team isn’t as big as in England.

Basically just think of it as a training match to test out new players or formations.

Edited by ender4

2 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

What a let down on the UK's big Jubilee weekend! 🙄

I think its improved my weekend! :) 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

It’s easy.  It’s the normal meaningless friendly matches repackaged to sound slightly better than ‘meaningless friendly’ so they sell more tickets, especially in countries where football and the national team isn’t as big as in England.

Basically just think of it as a training match to test out new players or formations.

You've missed the biggest point

Previously when England arranged a friendly match with Germany the two FAs split the purse, now with the nations league its UEFAs money, UEFA in return market it on their behalf as a competition so the meaningless element has gone and sell the international TV rights as a package for guaranteed money 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â