Hungary v England/Germany v England/England v Italy/England v Hungary Nations League

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I actually thought Maguire looked as good if not better than Grant Holt when he moved him up top. Something for Southgate to ponder for future games I reckon.  

Grant Holt is about 40 in fairness 

2 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Still can’t for the life of me understand how Southgate had the CV to become England manager. His football is turgid. With the talent England have, any half decent coach should be getting more from these players than we’ve seen today.

When Gerrard fails as manager we will appoint Lange as his replacement because we like the infrastructure he's put in place behind the scenes and we won the youth cup with him as sporting director

FA logic 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

It was for me

Played the man, the touch on the ball wasn't good enough to stop him getting it 

Can see why VAR don’t overturn it, but if it hadn’t been given no way they give it.

8 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I actually thought Maguire looked as good if not better than Grant Holt when he moved him up top. Something for Southgate to ponder for future games I reckon.  

Maybe he can persuade Chris Samba to come out of retirement. 

• Haha 1

Just now, a m ole said:

Can see why VAR don’t overturn it, but if it hadn’t been given no way they give it.

Why not? 

The touch is short, the attacker is getting that before pickford, James takes him out, knows exactly what he's doing

Its absolute stonewall imo

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why not? 

The touch is short, the attacker is getting that before pickford, James takes him out, knows exactly what he's doing

Its absolute stonewall imo

Just because it’s blindside, the arm is out but the Hungary player runs into it and collapses, it was dumb as **** to try to make himself big and block off the run instead of playing the ball but he’s not in his eyeline. I don’t think it gets given had the ref not said it was a penalty.

Edited by a m ole

Just now, PaulC said:

I thought it was a penalty myself. He had his arm around him. Dont see the hype in Bellingham. Thought he was average as was the rest of the team.

Bellingham is class, but I think, yet again played in a position he has never played in.

I try to avoid saying anything negative, but tonight I will make an exception .... I'm happy for Tyrone and Ollie that they are resting well away from this awful manager.

England got what Southgate totally deserves .... Nothing!

Back on my positive pills now. 👍

17 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Still can’t for the life of me understand how Southgate had the CV to become England manager. His football is turgid. With the talent England have, any half decent coach should be getting more from these players than we’ve seen today.

Because no one wanted the job, even Southgate seemed reluctant at the time. It's easy to forget that the team Hodgson/Allardyce left behind was pretty shit, and most of England's best/most exciting players have emerged over the past 6 years.

Edit - On that last point, looking at the current England set up, I'd say only Walker, Henderson, Sterling and Kane were playing a regularly and at a level good enough for England when Southgate took over.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Bellingham is class, but I think, yet again played in a position he has never played in.

Yep, add him to the list along with mount, phillips and rice where fans who watch him every week will tell you he doesn't play that role

Liverpool fans with TAA will almost certainly be the same, I bet they hate watching him play for England 

• Like 1

Â