Match Thread: Villa v Burnley

limpid

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Hasn’t stood out but hasn’t been poor,  is there another 18 year old starting at premier league level we can compare him to? No not many, people are overeating because they expect him to be Haaland.

The kids done alright shown a little bit of inexperience with his tackling but he’s kept the ball well played some nice passes. Had a lovely combo with Ramsey mid way through the half. If every 18 year old ripped it up the game would be too easy. 

End of season game to gain valuable experience so he understands it’s not easy and for his development.

it’s almost as though some fans don’t understand what strategy and long term planning is. These minutes now could help be us successful in a few seasons time.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, jim said:

**** hell! Gerrard’s fault he is trying too hard. I’ve read it all now!

I agree with a lot of what you say at the moment but you were the exact opposite under Smith. You blamed him for any little thing that went wrong. 

So you can't be too surprised there are people doing that with Gerrard. 

• Like 2

Just now, MrBlack said:

This is accurate.  Burnley barely seen the ball. We could have scored, although arguably would have been a 0.02xg worldie.

Then Buendia being a bit kamikaze in the penalty box,  probably trying to hard as a result of having to unjustifiably prove his worth, cost us.

I expect we'll score. Burnley's shape has been so defensive, I don't see it changing this half so we will get a chance or two.

Watkins been terrible though,  should be off within 10 mins. 

Burnley have sat back and let us have the ball. They were playing for the draw whilst playing on the counter which has resulted in Villa being Villa -- us creating absolutely nothing and then shooting ourselves in the foot to give them the lead.

• Like 1