Match Thread: Burnley v Villa

limpid

We are poor. Burnley dictates the game, we give it away at the first opportunity. We look like passengers - ridiculous sloppy arrogance by Luiz and Konsa at times. We have technically sound players, but the game intelligence and mental attributes seems lacking for a lot of them.

Buendia and Ings good so far.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both games we battered this lot last season yet today we've been pretty poor in this game but clinical. 

One more should kill the game but we can't afford to be complacent and need to be better with the ball. When we play they can't handle it but we seem to want to just go long with Martinez all the time.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Starting to worry about Konsa and can see him being replaced in the summer. 

Been worried about him for a while if I'm honest.

He's having Targett come down season syndrome.

• Like 1

Just now, MackHaakon said:

We are poor. Burnley dictates the game, we give it away at the first opportunity. We look like passengers - ridiculous sloppy arrogance by Luiz and Konsa at times. We have technically sound players, but the game intelligence and mental attributes seems lacking for a lot of them.

Buendia and Ings good so far.

We're winning 2 0 mate

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Corleone said:

We look fairly comfortable tbf i see us getting at least another couple in the second half when it opens up and they become even more desperate 1-4 for me

Are you reading this, @Robtaylor200:)

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Been worried about him for a while if I'm honest.

He's having Targett come down season syndrome.

I wonder if he knows he’s off? Perhaps his agent has another move lined up and he’s now half arsed??

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

2-0, great.

However, 60/40 possession in Burnley's favour, if Gerrard wants us to become a possession team we have a long, LONG way to go.

basically 60/40 possession, in the oppositions favour versus both Norwich and Burnley, we arent anywhere near a possession team are we.

We need to buy a couple of midfielders to do that.  McGinn is not a possession footballer and he seems to still be our "main" man in the middle of the pitch.

Edited by allani

Just now, CanVillan said:

The ref is highly influenced by the fans.

We need to be careful in the second half to not give him any opportunities to hand out a red card for a soft second yellow or a strong tackle. 

Fair play to the Burnley fans. They have the ref shaken! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

2 nicely taken goals.

Seems like a game where if we conceed one we will conceed a quick 2nd.

Also feels like ref will end up giving a 50/50 pen.

I backed Burnley to win @ 40.0 on Betfair