Jump to content

Local council elections 2022


Demitri_C
 Share

Recommended Posts

Probably needs its own thread. Hopefully some results at some point tonight.

Expecting a big labour gain. I think the Conservatives will get a real hammering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

150 Labour gains, 200 Tory losses I'd assume. A result that both sides will see as being pretty acceptable in the circumstances. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't worked the elections this year.  But the feedback from some of my colleagues is that there's a general feeling of disenchantment with all politicians, regardless of which party.  That's only the view from my area.  But I think it's probably typical.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is from a straw poll of 1, but when I got to the polling station at 0830 I was only the 5th person to visit, leaving me feeling there's a general apathy towards the elections. In years past it has been much busier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, having recently in some conversation on here informed people I’m from a working class town of terraced streets, I went to vote first thing this morning… and there were no Labour options on the ballot!

Tory

Plaid

Green

 

That was the choice for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well, having recently in some conversation on here informed people I’m from a working class town of terraced streets, I went to vote first thing this morning… and there were no Labour options on the ballot!

Tory

Plaid

Green

 

That was the choice for me. 

Why isnt there a labour choice??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

im sure labour will gain, probably as much down to a protest vote as anything, as is usual in locals.

I find it ironic though, that although there are some very good arguments with regard to mess that the Conservatives are in right now,  labour are not much more electable than the Corbyn years, no way would i vote for labour right now, its terrible to have such a weak opposition.

I can see why so many people are so......disenchanted with politics in general, democracy only works properly when we have someone you want to actually vote for, tbh i dont really want to vote for any of them, they are all as bad as each other, in different ways.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

I voted Green, mainly as a protest vote as I want to send The Tories a message about their ridiculous stance on onshore wind farms. It's pretty much irrelevant but the best I can do. 

Solihull will go Tory anyway unless there is a big upheaval. Maybe no overall control. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Whilst there’s good and bad in everything and everyone, it doesn’t mean they’re all the same.

Indeed!

p054j5sb.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

im sure labour will gain, probably as much down to a protest vote as anything, as is usual in locals.

I find it ironic though, that although there are some very good arguments with regard to mess that the Conservatives are in right now,  labour are not much more electable than the Corbyn years, no way would i vote for labour right now, its terrible to have such a weak opposition.

I can see why so many people are so......disenchanted with politics in general, democracy only works properly when we have someone you want to actually vote for, tbh i dont really want to vote for any of them, they are all as bad as each other, in different ways.

Then the daily mail and the sun have done their job. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Then the daily mail and the sun have done their job. 

I read neither and i wouldnt vote for either of those two parties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Then the daily mail and the sun have done their job. 

I don't read either, I can have an opinion that Labour aren't a political party I would want in power right now without it being down to "propaganda", that's my own opinion, just as yours is yours.

I also don't want the conservetives in power, they are just bad in a different way.

I don't like either of those parties right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m not sure how you could have lived through the last 2 or 3 years in particular and come to the conclusion they’re all as bad as each other.

Whilst there’s good and bad in everything and everyone, it doesn’t mean they’re all the same.

Both labour and the conservatives are full of loonies right now.

Different types of loonies, but loonies all the same.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I voted Green, mainly as a protest vote as I want to send The Tories a message about their ridiculous stance on onshore wind farms. It's pretty much irrelevant but the best I can do. 

Solihull will go Tory anyway unless there is a big upheaval. Maybe no overall control. 

Even if the Tories lost every seat they'd still be the largest party. 17 wards and they have a majority of 18. They would have to lose every ward to go to no overall control (because I think theres also 1 vacant seat also up for grabs)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Both labour and the conservatives are full of loonies right now.

Different types of loonies, but loonies all the same.

Please give examples. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â