Local council elections 2022

Demitri_C

Just now, Genie said:

On one side they are guilty killing thousands of people, sending billions to their pals and can’t be bothered to get it back, breaking the rules they set themselves and told the nation were essential. Lied to the queen. Lied to parliament. Lied to the nation. Hate poor people. Told the country to vote to leave the EU which has a thousand downsides and zero upsides. Decimated the NHS and Police force. They’ve been caught with their hands in the till multiple times. Generally show a laughable level of incompetence whenever they are interviewed. 

What makes the others just as bad?

Obviously you are an ardent Labour supporter, I can't be bothered to argue with you.

I will have my opinion, you have yours.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

Obviously you are an ardent Labour supporter, I can't be bothered to argue with you.

Thanks.

I am not ardent anything. There’s more than 2 parties.

I’m genuinely intrigued what makes them all as bad as those in charge at the moment.

P.s. I forgot to mention they are actual criminals. 

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Thanks.

I've voted both Tory and Labour in the past. I've no idea how anyone can currently claim they're both as bad as each other. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I've voted both Tory and Labour in the past. I've no idea how anyone can currently claim they're both as bad as each other. 

It’s like saying all footballers are the same after what a Manchester based player is accused of. It’s ridiculous.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I haven't worked the elections this year.  But the feedback from some of my colleagues is that there's a general feeling of disenchantment with all politicians, regardless of which party.  That's only the view from my area.  But I think it's probably typical.  

Classic 'I put my faith in the Tories and realise they're shit, so I'm going to blame all of politics rather than admit maybe I backed the wrong horse.'

• Like 3

You can only judge Labour on whether you believe they will deliver on what they say they can or not, or on their last administration. As an opposition they have been pretty poor, we've had a fair few elections since Brown and they haven't won any, in fact they have got worse. They go on about partygate when they knew they were not as clean as they claimed. Circumstances might be a bit different, but to not know who was there, then fumble around trying to convince people it's all ok. All this while a war is going on in Europe, which is covering most headlines.

Edited by colhint

33 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Both labour and the conservatives are full of loonies right now.

Different types of loonies, but loonies all the same.

This too! (What I said in the last post)

Edited by Rolta

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

On one side they are guilty killing thousands of people, sending billions to their pals and can’t be bothered to get it back, breaking the rules they set themselves and told the nation were essential. Lied to the queen. Lied to parliament. Lied to the nation. Hate poor people. Told the country to vote to leave the EU which has a thousand downsides and zero upsides. Decimated the NHS and Police force. They’ve been caught with their hands in the till multiple times. Generally show a laughable level of incompetence whenever they are interviewed. 

What makes the others just as bad?

But other than that what have the romans done for us?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

But other than that what have the romans done for us?

It should be pretty easy to come up with a couple of things comparable to that lot you’d have thought.

I have also gone back and forth in my life including lib dem.

I cant be arsed to vote (as I now live in the USA) but for what its worth my thoughts are

Conservative
negatives: Bad for the economy, bad for business bad for the rule of law (because they are crooks and havent changed since the sleaze days.) Too many racists , loonies and bigots left in their party.
positives: Excellent handling of Ukraine and excellent at the USA relationship.

Labour
negatives: too many surrender monkeys against Russia . Still do not promise to get us back into the EU which is my top priority. Still too many anti semites and other loonies in the party

positives: arguably the best leader now they have dumped the anti USA /EU  Corbyn. best domestic policies.

Lib/Dem
negatives: irrelevant so its a wasted vote
positives: pro EU, pro business.

As rejoining the EU is my top issue if I was in the UK I would waste my vote and vote lib dem and then get shouted at by my family for "letting in the (insert Tories / Labour here)"

For ANYONE who votes in the UK. Be proud of yourself and count yourselves lucky you have all party's committed to democracy. Here in the USA we have the Republican party that is successfully changing a once free country into a Putin style fascist state by removing the right to vote for people of colour or those who disagree with them, womens rights and banning mathematics books. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Lib/Dem
negatives: irrelevant so its a wasted vote
positives: pro EU, pro business.

LibDems are possibly going to hold the balance of power again at the next General Election, they aren't as irrelevant as you imagine

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

LibDems are possibly going to hold the balance of power again at the next General Election, they aren't as irrelevant as you imagine

ooh I didnt know! thank you! Thats a good thing (in my eyes) ! 

I’ve just been to vote, despite feeling fairly apathetic to the local mayoral candidates, I always vote out of respect for my right to vote. It’s not something we should ever take for granted. Plus it’s an opportunity to cast a vote against the Conservatives. 

My local polling station has seen 93 voters since 7am, and according to the lady in there that’s one of the better performers in the area. With such low turnout, one vote really can make all the difference. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

As rejoining the EU is my top issue if I was in the UK I would waste my vote and vote lib dem 

Yeah, that was me at the last general election.  I know it was a wasted vote but it was the single most important issue for me so again, all I could do is send my message though it was totally drowned out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

ooh I didnt know! thank you! Thats a good thing (in my eyes) ! 

It's only my opinion but I see Labour doing well but not able to have a majority. The question is if they can do well enough to only have the LibDems as partners in a coalition.

Given that there also seems to be some sort of unoffical electoral pact between Labour and the LibDems, I also expect the LibDems to win more seats than they currently have

• Like 1

Getting a bit off topic but with the absolute shit fest that has been the situation since Brexit, and a lot of eyes being opened, it will he interesting if another party starts talking about about another referendum.  Especially if as @bickster thinks Lib Dems stage a big recovery.

Most think it would be off the table for years but you never know, so many people have seen through the Boris Bullshit this last couple of years. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1