Local council elections 2022

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm by no means a die hard labour fan. But how can people lose faith in a party that haven't been in power for over a decade?

This is what I mean when I say the likes of the mail have won. All the horrendous shit and the state of this country because of a decade of these words removed and people have lost faith in voting them out.

I genuinely believe that this idea that they're all as bad as each other will be seen as success by Tory politicians. 

Of course it’s a success for the Tories. They’re banking on a load of people saying “they’re all as bad as each other” as they vote for them.

There is literally no reason to vote for them so they have to promote this myth that they’re all as bad as each other.

The papers and social media are all over it and doing most of the job for them while they sit back and watch people lap it up. 

• Like 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

Such as?

Do you really just want me to mirror your comments?

All you need to do is visit left wing places on the internet and then right wing, post them here and mirror the other argument.

Just now, paul514 said:

Do you really just want me to mirror your comments?

All you need to do is visit left wing places on the internet and then right wing, post them here and mirror the other argument.

Which comments of mine were fake? 

I'm not super left wing but which fake fears are they pushing through the national media like the Mail and the Sun?

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Which comments of mine were fake? 

I'm not super left wing but which fake fears are they pushing through the national media like the Mail and the Sun?

I didn't say your comments were fake you said what was being posted in the sun/mail is fake.

I said the same can be said of left wing media as well...... 

The point I am making is that when the left's supporters go on about apparent right wing media, Rupert Murdoch et al they have no self awareness that the same thing is said by the right's supporters of apparent left wing media.

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I didn't say your comments were fake you said what was being posted in the sun/mail is fake.

I said the same can be said of left wing media as well...... 

The point I am making is that when the left's supporters go on about apparent right wing media, Rupert Murdoch et al they have no self awareness that the same thing is said by the right's supporters of apparent left wing media.

But again, this is that whole they're just as bad as each other. Which left wing media outlet is as bad as the mail or the sun when it comes to this stuff? 

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I reckon another 3 posts and then you describe yourself as ‘to the right of Genghis Khan’.

Wouldn't pretend to know his thoughts on cultural or economic issues.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

So it should be easy to give some solid examples of the equivalence to what the mail and the sun do then.

I just can't be bothered with the circular argument, if you can't take my point by now you never will.

Just now, paul514 said:

I just can't be bothered with the circular argument, if you can't take my point by now you never will.

I take your point but I strongly disagree with it, I think it's part of the problem and the fact you can't back it up supports both of those views. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Wouldn't pretend to know his thoughts on cultural or economic issues.

I believe he thought the Mail Group, The Sun, The Express, Sky News, Nick Robinson, Laura Kuenssberg and Talk Radio were a bit leftie weftie.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Which widely known media outlets do you consider to be left wing out of curiosity?

well i guess as labour has more members than any other party. i would guess Twitter and facebook  would be. Based purely on numbers really

1 minute ago, colhint said:

well i guess as labour has more members than any other party. i would guess Twitter and facebook  would be. Based purely on numbers really

Nope, that’s social media, the biases it displays to the individual user are those of the user

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I believe he thought the Mail Group, The Sun, The Express, Sky News, Nick Robinson, Laura Kuenssberg and Talk Radio were a bit leftie weftie.

Sky, Yes, Nick Robinson, maybe..... noth the others they are right wing.

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nope, that’s social media, the biases it displays to the individual user are those of the user

Depends on which type of social media as they have different demographics and it depends on policies carried out by the social media company in question.... hence why twitter has been in the news recently.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Sky are left wing?

Like the TV and media company Sky?

You don't mean like the actual sky right, like clouds and stuff?

Sky as in UK Sky News.