The Re-hashed, Back door European Super League Scandal

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I don't see how any overarching Super League will lead to sustainable distribution of revenues across the pyramid. It's fewer people eating more of the pie. 

The only thing it could potentially do is level up the financial distribution of wealth across the various national leagues, which would be to the detriment of the PL and EFL because ours is currently the most profitable league around. 

Oh I was pointing to the latter tweet about sustainability.

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Oh I was pointing to the latter tweet about sustainability.

I know, that is also another good reason why this idea sucks. There are many!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

The grand final will be best of 11 games all played in Mexico and USA and at the end of the 13 month season we'll start the new 128 team world cup in Azerbaijan. 

7ajv9k.jpg

Edited by fightoffyour

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Its an expanded Champions League in a league format

Thats where it starts you thibk this is the end of it though?

You know they will just do it to benefit the bigger teams. Teams like us they will make it more difficult to qualify 

It doesnt need changing the current format works absolutely fine.

It was just like original uefa cup straight knocks whn you could draw anyone was so much more exciting. Then they bought this shit seeding system, followed by having CL drop outs joining. Crap system in my opinion

Isn't 60-80 clubs significantly less than currently play in Europe each season?

There are 32 in the Champions league group stages.

If they are seriously thinking of cutting UEFA out and keeping the money for the clubs, they'd have to get rid of the Europa league too wouldn't they - otherwise they'll have teams that qualify for both and have to make a choice?

I've said it before, by all means go off and form your own leagues, but teams that do should no longer be allowed to play in their existing domestic leagues

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Isn't 60-80 clubs significantly less than currently play in Europe each season?

There are 32 in the Champions league group stages.

If they are seriously thinking of cutting UEFA out and keeping the money for the clubs, they'd have to get rid of the Europa league too wouldn't they - otherwise they'll have teams that qualify for both and have to make a choice?

I've said it before, by all means go off and form your own leagues, but teams that do should no longer be allowed to play in their existing domestic leagues

78 played in this season tournament

Just now, Zatman said:

78 played in this season tournament

In this season's Champions League?

There are another 58 in the Europa League (and 32 in the Europa Conference).

I'm not sure how they're hoping to persuade UEFA to give up on hosting the Champion's league and Europa League anyway or how it'll work when a team qualifies for the UEFA Champion's league and elects instead to play in the Premier Europe Cup (or whatever) instead.

If we finish 7th and the top five decide to play in the Super league competition, do we qualify for the Champions league along with the teams 8th and 9th? Do the 12th placed team play in the Europa conference?

I just can't see how they're hoping it will work?

UEFA won't just stand aside, if you refuse to play in their tournament, you can expect trouble!

I wouldn't want Barca, Real and Juventus to go bust - but they are clearly the ones behind all of this given they still haven't elected to withdraw from even the original concept. They appear very desperate and I wouldn't be surprised to see them implode soon - they must be so utterly over leveraged with debt. 

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I wouldn't want Barca, Real and Juventus to go bust - but they are clearly the ones behind all of this given they still haven't elected to withdraw from even the original concept. They appear very desperate and I wouldn't be surprised to see them implode soon - they must be so utterly over leveraged with debt. 

I’ve had a soft spot for Barca for a long long time going back to Koeman, Stoichkov and Romario. Been lucky enough to go to a few games and visit the city many times as good friend of mine lives there. 

Id be quite happy to see any of those teams go bust. Football like the economy can’t have things that are too big to fail. If they’ve made a mess of things they need to feel the reality of gravity like everyone else. It just sounds like a good thing for the game to me. 

Nobody wants this super league except the rich and the desperate. Hopefully we can keep telling them to go away. I worry a bit though this will be footballs LIV. 

Money men don’t care about fans, they know that if they pull it off (Kenneth) fans will watch it anyway. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats where it starts you thibk this is the end of it though?

You know they will just do it to benefit the bigger teams. Teams like us they will make it more difficult to qualify 

It was just like original uefa cup straight knocks whn you could draw anyone was so much more exciting. Then they bought this shit seeding system, followed by having CL drop outs joining. Crap system in my opinion

No the super league will happen, probably followed a year later by the Sky Sports European Elite League™️ containing the original super league 20.

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

No the super league will happen, probably followed a year later by the Sky Sports European Elite League™️ containing the original super league 20.

The neutral fans like us west ham eveeton leeds etc should not tune in and refuse to watch any of it if it happens. If it bombs then they will be back with their tails between their legs

Oh look what's back.

This will inevitably happen and the scum 6 will **** off to it and we'll all, frankly, be better off, I feel.

Still galling to me, however, that none of them were appropriately punished for their first attempt, which was both disappointingly predictable and disgustingly spineless.

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

This will inevitably happen and the scum 6 will **** off to it and we'll all, frankly, be better off, I feel.

The problem though is that they won't. They want to do this and still stick around in the Premier League - there's no way they'd give up that income.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Don’t these two paragraphs contract each other?

I think you’d be hard pressed to find many who think the current Champions League arrangements are good. They lock out teams from outside the ‘big six’ I’d be open to a new suggestion for how European competition should work.

Having said that, I don’t trust the chairmen of Real Madrid and Juventus to come up with a good format. 

Â