Match Thread: Villa v Norwich

limpid

Just now, Spoony said:

Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa are just incapable of creating real chances. It has been a problem since he’s been here. 

Apart from the last 4/5 in the last 10 minutes you mean.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope so mate. I want him to suceed but we just do not look  very good. This team cost close to 200m to build yet we look utter dross at times ans cant do the simplest of things.thats not all in gerrard mind you

Fingers crossed.  The trouble is the top 8 have (in the main) spent 200m on three or four world class players - we've had to buy pretty much a full side plus subs.  Two or three quality signings and I think that other players will suddenly find that they have more time and space to do the things that they are good at.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

The atmosphere at villa park these days is atrocious 

Need some plastic clappers, that'll liven things up.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa are just incapable of creating real chances. It has been a problem since he’s been here. 

I dunno mate, we seem to make lots of chances just can't finish emm for shite! An on form Watkin's and we would be winning more games.

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Why a confused face in response to this. It’s the same every game. Barely any clear cut chances. I can think of 2 in this game, against the worst team in the league. We can’t break any team down. 

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Why a confused face in response to this. It’s the same every game. Barely any clear cut chances. I can think of 2 in this game, against the worst team in the league. We can’t break any team down. 

It's driven by the fact that we move forward at a snail's pace, recovery is much easier. 

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

probably time for nakamba to come on for tim

I'd let him have the 90, massive confidence booster, he really has potential, it's his first start, the pressure is massive and he hasn't done to bad.