Match Thread: Villa v Norwich

limpid

Just now, rodders0223 said:

No we didn't.

A slop and a deflection and Norwich have dominated the ball and we've been absolutely turgid against a woeful side.

Ok chief. We could have played like prime Barca and you’d still say it was shit as it doesn’t suit your agenda.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, jim said:

Ok chief. We could have played like prime Barca and you’d still say it was shit as it doesn’t suit your agenda.

I wouldn't though would I. We've been utterly abject against a joke of a team. We've been garbage for 2 months.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Good half,  dominated in the main. 

3 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Not a great half but at least we're ahead. Hopefully we can push on for a comfortable win now to shift the mood a bit. 

3 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Pretty poor half. Little bit of a improvement after ings came on. Bailey wasted about 15mins trying to stay on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Well that was a half of football.

Pretty much sums it up :D 

• Haha 2

Until Ings came on...what a boring half of football. Mostly sterile possession from both sides...and, embarrassingly, Norwich had more of it than we did.

While Ings has not been finishing his chances this year like we would have hoped, he brings something to our buildup play and it's no coincidence that we scored off one of his passes, nor is it any coincidence that he has the most goal contributions this year despite his meagre goal return.

Tim looks pretty good for his first start.

Too bad about Bailey, he seemed to be growing into the game.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I don't think Gerrard  will last past xmas on this performance. Villa fans were clearly unhappy with what they were seeing before the goal. It was just a element of luck we scored

Let's wait and see who he brings in during the summer.  I don't think our spine is anywhere near good enough at the moment.  We were poor for 11 months before Gerrard arrived and he's only had a chance to change a couple of players so far.  Coutinho, Digne and Chambers are all (in my opinion) better than what we had before.  I hope that in the summer we finally make the midfield upgrades we need.

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

I do not understand how any villa fan can be happy with that first half performance...I mean come on and take those claret and blue glasses off for 5 mins 

No we're 1-0 up to Norwich so you can't criticise how unbelievably bad that. You can hear the crows getting toxic before the goal.

But we're 1-0 up so it's embarrassing to be critical on a forum

Embarrassing

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If Burnley lose today , does that basically make us safe?

not statistically, but they would need to pick up 10 points from the available 12 (due to GD - basically they would need to have 1 point more than we have now), and for us to pick up no more points in our last 5 games. (if we win today, and they lose).

• Like 1

Wasn't great, no measurement or composure in our play, and didn't look like we had much of a gameplan in the final third. At least we're winning though, and hopefully play better second half. Iroegbunam doing okay on his debut.

1 minute ago, jim said:

You say this is a joke but you ain’t wrong.

Negativity is too much

• Like 2

Classic idiots around me in the Lower Holte, moaning that Bailey wasn’t tracking back then also having a go at him when he went down to get subbed off. What do you want him to do?! 

• Like 1

the stats say it all, at home, 40% possession against the bottom team in the league.

Its not good.

Half our team just isnt good enough, hopefully there is a massacre within this squad in the summer.