Easter Weekend Football 15/17 April

andykeenan

How big could that penalty miss be for Burnley? At 2-0 it would be hard for West Ham to come back.  Havent seen the Westwood horror as watching the sky game. 

Edited by PaulC

We could well be looking at a situation where West Ham need to win the Europa League to qualify for Europe and Leicester need to win the Europa Conference to qualify for Europe. Under the bafflingly complex rules for European complication currently, I can confirm that this means I have no idea who else would qualify through the league and cups.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

How big could that penalty miss be for Burnley? At 2-0 it would be hard for West Ham to come back.  Havent seen the Westwood horror as watching the sky game. 

Don't get Weghorst not taking the penalty, just scored his first goal in two months and he's the CF. Cornet also got fouled and loads of players are also reluctant to take it if they're the ones taken down for the penalty. Just executed it awfully.

Really hope Burnley hang on as wouldn't half make Everton-Leicester really interesting midweek. West Ham are as flat as anything but they do have threats on the bench so imagine Moyes will quickly make some subs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bose said:

Amazing how Newcastle can actually play well and win football matches without a wholesale clear out. 

Exactly this. We have much the better players and have been absolutely awful. 

11 minutes ago, bose said:

Amazing how Newcastle can actually play well and win football matches without a wholesale clear out. 

Improving players rather than just buying a load of new ones and hoping for the best? That's not the Villa way my friend.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Westwood gave it his all when here. Dude, show some respect. 

im sorry, i forgot you were the bastion and protector of when respect should be given.

Im not saying anything in relation to Westwood, i hope he's ok, and i hope he recovers.

But as i said, couldnt happen to a nicer club, was directed at the scummy club, how many careers has that club ended?, this is nothing to do with Westwood, and i didnt even mention his name.

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

im sorry, i forgot you were the bastion and protector of when respect should be given.

Im not saying anything in relation to Westwood, i hope he's ok, and i hope he recovers.

But as i said, couldnt happen to a nicer club, was directed at the scummy club, how many careers has that club ended?, this is nothing to do with Westwood, and i didnt even mention his name.

Westwood is a class act and a nice guy. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

We are now 15th and below Newcastle.

I'm actually think we have had a pretty awful season. It's a good job there are some real shit teams around or else we would be struggling to stay up. Looking at our points tally its really poor with the investment and players we have.

• Like 2