Easter Weekend Football 15/17 April

andykeenan

Glad to see City make a come-back, which was quite remarkable considering how poor they were; and where on earth did they get their reserve goalkeeper?.

The quality was lacking but what made it unbearable was the bloody awful commentary by a couple of Liverpool fans.

I wish they would stick to describing events, rather than offering their biased opinions.

Foreign commentators just tell you who has the ball but ex-players always insist on telling you what a player should have done, which was something they seldom did when they were playing.

Bring back Kenneth Wolstenholme!

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

Very weird mental gymnastics, 25 goals for any striker is great. It’s one area of the pitch going well. If the team finishes 8th it isn’t because of the striker who scored 25. 

This sort of argument always reminds me of Ross McCormack. Always scored 20 odd goals for teams that never looked like going up from the championship. I don’t think that was entirely down to those around him and McCormack was never the player that his goal return suggested.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

This sort of argument always reminds me of Ross McCormack. Always scored 20 odd goals for teams that never looked like going up from the championship. I don’t think that was entirely down to those around him and McCormack was never the player that his goal return suggested.

How many did Ross McCormack score for Real Madrid or his country? 😉