Easter Weekend Football 15/17 April

andykeenan

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I can thing of no greater indictment of the past 10 years in the history of Aston Villa that anyone could consider Barry Bannan to be a talent that got away. Good grief. 

I always thought he was a very talented player. Remember him running the show against Man U but his size was a factor and Lambert prefered Delph and Westwood. Wrong time wrong place. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I always thought he was a very talented player. Remember him running the show against Man U but his size was a factor and Lambert prefered Delph and Westwood. Wrong time wrong place. 

If he'd broken into the team during our time in the Championship, we'd likely all have a very different opinion of his time with us. A very talented player, just not at PL level. Bit like Peter Whittingham 

Pogba limped off. Probably got a £250k p/w contract waiting for him somewhere after having about 2 good games a year for 5 years. 
I honestly believe John Mcginn would have contributed more for them than Pogba has.

On 18/04/2022 at 14:21, PaulC said:

Lambert played him regularly during 2013 season. Just lost his confidence a fair bit during that terrible xmas period and he was getting loads of stick by time of the Bradford horror show.

Incredible he actually left us nearly a decade ago now as in my mind he was still playing with likes of Gary Gardner in midfield.

He went to Palace and didn't do much so yeah just a good championship midfield which is certainly a respectable career.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Pogba limped off. Probably got a £250k p/w contract waiting for him somewhere after having about 2 good games a year for 5 years. 
I honestly believe John Mcginn would have contributed more for them than Pogba has.

Totally agree. Pogba is such a lazy player, it blows my mind how he's so highly rated. Think in all the years I've watched him he's only had like two impressive performances. Genuinely think United would be so much better with him gone. 

• Like 1