Easter Weekend Football 15/17 April

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Letting Sterling take freekicks, he can't even score from the penalty spot most the time. No subs, they have given up.

If we didn't Know Pep, we would be screaming corruption here. It's like they don't want to win this. Tactically it's been so so poor from Pep.

Edited by foreveryoung

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They're broken, I just don't think the Ronaldo homecoming was worth it, that's all. They've not come close to winning anything and will still probably finish 6th so certainly a winner like Ronaldo won't be remembering the season with any fondness in a decade's time.

In the end we all know he was brought in for the marketing and share price, more than to change the team. So either way, it's not worth the argument.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

They're broken, I just don't think the Ronaldo homecoming was worth it, that's all. They've not come close to winning anything and will still probably finish 6th so certainly a winner like Ronaldo won't be remembering the season with any fondness in a decade's time.

United are weak (relatively speaking) all over the pitch, you swap Ronaldo out they don’t rocket up the league. He isn’t holding them back. 

I still think Spurs will Spurs and give up the 4th spot to United. They are only a win ahead anyway and have a history of bottling everything.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

United are weak (relatively speaking) all over the pitch, you swap Ronaldo out they don’t rocket up the league. He isn’t holding them back. 

I still think Spurs will Spurs and give up the 4th spot to United. They are only a win ahead anyway and have a history of bottling everything.

I think Liverpool will stick 3-4 past Man. United and think they'll lose to Palace and Chelsea in the run in. Brighton and Brentford will give them good games aswell with the form they're in. Arsenal away has that feel of two bald men fighting over a comb with Arsenal losing to every single mid table team (apart from us).

Can't see Man. United getting much past 60 points so Spurs would really have to blow up not to be comfortably ahead. They have Burnley home and Norwich away as their last two.

Good play from Mahrez there for the second goal, certainly strange he didn't come on earlier.

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Very weird mental gymnastics, 25 goals for any striker is great. It’s one area of the pitch going well. If the team finishes 8th it isn’t because of the striker who scored 25. 

Benteke was class for us when we had a shit team, that’s a good example.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah cause when Ronaldo don't play, they are world class. Give me break, Bruno's been pants, the whole team have, an it's not cause of Ronaldo!

Basic human psychology. He is considered by himself and others as being above the manager so the hierarchy breaks down. Players hate being there, Ronaldo scores, team is shit.

3 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Benteke was class for us when we had a shit team, that’s a good example.

Benteke is a good example, we built our team around him and got the best out of him 

Ronaldo can't press, clear as day, base your team around it, if you have a guy who will score 30 tap ins a year then the manager has to work out how to give him those tap ins, that midfield couldn't work with prime real Madrid Ronaldo 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Basic human psychology. He is considered by himself and others as being above the manager so the hierarchy breaks down. Players hate being there, Ronaldo scores, team is shit.

That was a utd problem long before Ronaldo rocked up 

Fans turn up with the Norwich scarves boo everything then wonder why the players don't give a shit

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

The constant criticism of Ronaldo continues to baffle me.

United are a **** mess from top to bottom, the guy is band-aid. He’s 37 years old if they wanted some to press like a headless chicken they could have bought countless other players, despite his age and the general shitshow he’s playing for his still one of the most dangerous strikers around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

The constant criticism of Ronaldo continues to baffle me.

United are a **** mess from top to bottom, the guy is band-aid. He’s 37 years old if they wanted some to press like a headless chicken they could have bought countless other players, despite his age and the general shitshow he’s playing for his still one of the most dangerous strikers around.

The pressing thing is weird, like it’s better to press than score 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Benteke is a good example, we built our team around him and got the best out of him 

Ronaldo can't press, clear as day, base your team around it, if you have a guy who will score 30 tap ins a year then the manager has to work out how to give him those tap ins, that midfield couldn't work with prime real Madrid Ronaldo 

We didn’t really build our team around him, our style of football and majority of that team hadn’t drastically changed, the difference was a player who could put the ball in the net. The team behind him were awful - with a few who could provide occasional good play. Our team wasn’t built for Benteke but he scored goals through being world class for 18 months.

Man United’s midfield and defence is a mess. It’s not Ronaldo’s fault they can’t defend and their midfield is one paced and players go missing. 

• Like 1