Midweek Football 11/14 April

andykeenan

I think Rangers, from a tin pot league where many an English fan have said they would struggle in the English Championship, will win Europa League. Every team that goes to Ibrox seem spooked by the atmosphere. 

Just now, Stoobs said:

I think Rangers, from a tin pot league where many an English fan have said they would struggle in the English Championship, will win Europa League. Every team that goes to Ibrox seem spooked by the atmosphere. 

Wont be playing there if they reach the final though? Cant see West Ham not beating Rangers 

• Like 1

That is true but who knows what would happen in one off game. Dortmund were second in Bundesliga when they played Rangers in Germany and Rangers destroyed them. Nobody gave Rangers a chance in that match too. Trust me, I want them out. Praying that Leipzig finally end the madness. Watching Rangers going this far in a tournament is like watching England in a Euro or World Cup. Can’t rest until they are out. It sustains us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Will be a disaster for our ambitions if West Ham win this and qualify for the Champions league

Doubt anyone at spam could confidently break down exactly how this is all happening, Moyes definitely couldn't, it literally is one of those freak jigsaw puzzles that has just fallen in to place and know one knows how. It could easily just flip and they fight relegation next year, sort of where there should be in the pecking order.

Scumbag club.

The strength of the Premier league is such now that if you can qualify for the Europa league or Europa conference, you really ought to be capable of having a good go at winning it.

Qualifying for the Europa conference through the Premier league might well be more difficult that winning the Europa Conference.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Also why has the player who just gave away a penalty been sent off? I thought it was yellow cos of double jeopardy?! 

I haven't seen this incident, but the rule is the player shouldn't be sent off when a penalty is awarded if there is a genuine attempt to win the ball. Holding, pulling, taking the player out when you're never getting the ball, all can still get a red card for DOGSO.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I haven't seen this incident, but the rule is the player shouldn't be sent off when a penalty is awarded if there is a genuine attempt to win the ball. Holding, pulling, taking the player out when you're never getting the ball, all can still get a red card for DOGSO.

Ah I see. I didn't know it was dependent on whether the officials believe you made a genuine attempt to win the ball or not.  Thanks

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Ah I see. I didn't know it was dependent on whether the officials believe you made a genuine attempt to win the ball or not.  Thanks

Defender didn’t appear to try and make a tackle. Was caught on wrong side of Roofe where he clumsily barged Roofe as he was about to pull the trigger. Roofe was clever though, he positioned his body knowing that the contact would be inevitable.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The strength of the Premier league is such now that if you can qualify for the Europa league or Europa conference, you really ought to be capable of having a good go at winning it.

Qualifying for the Europa conference through the Premier league might well be more difficult that winning the Europa Conference.

The Premier League is the real European Super League. 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Presumably they will be out at the London Olympic park in a couple of weeks. 

Remember cologne at Arsenal? Maybe something similar

I'm hoping barca have gone American and got themselves some sort of official ticket resale partner which meant that frankfurters could easily snap them all up as tourists, barca want the day trippers well they got the day trippers serves themselves right

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

"-We are looking into what happened"
I can tell you what happened and it includes the words gloryhunting clearings in the woods

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tegis said:

"-We are looking into what happened"
I can tell you what happened and it includes the words gloryhunting clearings in the woods

Mes que un club.

Edited by sne

Even if the gers beat Leipzig I cannot see them beating West Ham who are stronger in every department. ........although Frankfurt may still have a say.

Only good thing from last night was they will have some tired limbs after extra time and may feel their exertions on Sunday v Celtic in the semi final.

Feel sorry for the people and town of Seville if Rangers get there. 🙄

'mon Leipzig  /  or hammers / Frankfurt if needed.

Edited by newhavenhibby

21 hours ago, Stoobs said:

Upgraded the manager so makes sense 😉

Â