Midweek Football 11/14 April

andykeenan

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

I look more forward to the FA cup semi this weekend. A Champions League final between the two could be almost unbearable when you think about the media hype that will preceed it.

I will just watch the game not the build up so that stuff don't bother me really.  I just want to watch decent games.  Look at the shite Atletico served up against City last week.  Better to have a game when 2 teams go toe to toe.

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I will just watch the game not the build up so that stuff don't bother me really.  I just want to watch decent games.  Look at the shite Atletico served up against City last week.  Better to have a game when 2 teams go toe to toe.

You’re a better man than me. I also enjoy seeing celebrated teams and managers fail.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I look more forward to the FA cup semi this weekend. A Champions League final between the two could be almost unbearable when you think about the media hype that will preceed it.

To paraphrase a tweet I saw at the weekend sky telling us a game between a team who's never won a European trophy vs a team with 1 league win since 1990 is the biggest rivalry vs the 2 greatest teams in history 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

To paraphrase a tweet I saw at the weekend sky telling us a game between a team who's never won a European trophy vs a team with 1 league win since 1990 is the biggest rivalry vs the 2 greatest teams in history 

That sounds like some selective use of stats there 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Its a modern sporting rivalry but its not really an Arsenal/United style rivalry that lasted nearly 20 years. It seems to lack that over the top spark. Which maybe isnt a bad thing but makes it less of a hated rivalry 

If one of them crash down the table in 3/4 years it will probably be forgotten about 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its a modern sporting rivalry but its not really an Arsenal/United style rivalry that lasted nearly 20 years. It seems to lack that over the top spark. Which maybe isnt a bad thing but makes it less of a hated rivalry 

If one of them crash down the table in 3/4 years it will probably be forgotten about 

3/4 years with different managers it will probably be forgotten about

Sky already have to drag up that it started in Germany

To their credit I don't think pep or klopp have any interest in trying to make it a rivalry 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

3/4 years with different managers it will probably be forgotten about

Sky already have to drag up that it started in Germany

To their credit I don't think pep or klopp have any interest in trying to make it a rivalry 

Yep I think they dont need further distractions. Klopp for example his resrarted his feud with the TV companies 😂

When Real Madrid are playing Chelsea it is difficult to choose which team to support because the former had their debts paid by the king of Spain and the latter were funded with the confiscated assets of the Russian people, but there was no denying that it was a game of the highest quality last night.

In the end I erred on the side of Chelsea, but the assist from Modric for the goal which took Real over the line was so brilliant, I couldn't begrudge them the win.

When it comes to football, most of the art is in the assist, and that truly was great art.

Â