Midweek Football 11/14 April

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I think I saw a video from the first leg when the Atletico players were playing with Grealish hair recently. He wasn’t exactly pleased with it either, so this has probably boiled over from then.

It's quite incredible watching a relatively successful, professional football team resort to genuine Sunday League shit.

**** Atletico tbh.

• Like 2

I think you see a little more in the reply on that one - Savic spitting at Grealish is already up the stairs when the other tweet starts and it's the Savic-Grealish one the police head to.

Walkers ankle looks better.

23 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Scott Carson was ready to fight them all. 

Atletico are a disgrace.

They're a Diego Simeone team with Luis Suarez in a leadership position, so hardly a surprise. 

26 minutes ago, maqroll said:

They're a Diego Simeone team with Luis Suarez in a leadership position, so hardly a surprise. 

Suarez is 4th choice forward. What leadership position is that? 

Atletico used the only tactics possible, try to keep it 0-0 until 65-70 minutes and then go for it. It they had gone forward already from the start, they’d take a big risk of conceding early and lose faith.

I was impressed with the press they City under for the final 20-25 minutes, they almost did it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Suarez is 4th choice forward. What leadership position is that? 

Hi Zatman.

1st choice or 4th, it doesn't matter. 

By virtue of his age and career exploits, he is surely a clubhouse leader. 

9 hours ago, Beastmix said:

Simeone's team is exactly what I'd want my team to be.

I'd have a very hard time supporting my team if he was the manager. Petulant ******* is all he is and his teams play eye wateringly boring thugball.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beastmix said:

Simeone's team is exactly what I'd want my team to be.

Talented players who are, to a man, spiteful in the extreme.

Nah not for me, that squad is too talented for that shit, when he first started and he was chasing down real Madrid and Barca then yeah maybe but once he's got to the top he should have started to adapt and play better football, he hasn't and they're arguably getting worse for it

• Like 2

Â