Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We've been shite, but let's not pretend like Wolves aren't a good side here.

Bruno Lage looks to be an outstanding coach. I wonder if he'll end up at Liverpool some day??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Its normally okay because he's higher up the pitch and Luiz is available to cover for him. 

It's also fine here but a second player slips too.

There's nothing you can do about that, really.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Wheres thia mcginn from scotland? We seen to have the mcginn from the conference 

In fairness, and this doesn't excuse his level of performance today, for Scotland he plays as a 10 and here he is being asked to play as a 6

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

The two goals they've scored aren't even the part that worries me most - it's our lack of any kind of threat - we've had one shot on target and that was from 30 yards.

We only had one shot on target in our last game too - there's a really worrying lack of any sort of cutting edge to us.

My concern as well. If Villa don’t have all the time in the world to move the ball around then it seems like they get panicky or reckless with it. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I think I’d rather have Fabio Silva up front than Watkins.

I'd rather have Scott Hogan than Watkins. Ok, no, I wouldn't.

But he really needs to super his game up. His all-round game which was so good last season has vanished

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think I’d rather have Fabio Silva up front than Watkins.

Me too. And Silva has looked like a kid amongst men in every PL game, except against us.

Just now, MaVilla said:

its pretty simple.

Most of the players many adore on here, and defend to the hilt, are simply not very good most of the time, and simply not good enough for where we want to aim.

If we want to challenge for top 8 this team needs a major overhaul, prob 4-6 players in this squad are good enough for a top 8 challenge, the rest are mid to lower table quality.

Smith had a similar scenario with regard to not being able to get this squad playing, although his tactics didnt help i dont think, or maybe the tactics were because he realised how limited we are..

To get top 6 you need a squad that has 4-5 players that perform every week and then the rest who can perform at least every other week, who can you say that applies to in our team? I don’t think we even have 3 players that perform every other week. We’re bang average and the league table is telling us that loud and clear…

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Well true it could have been. But it isn't so far.

He has more or less hinted that some of the players aren't on board with what his preferred formation.

The recruitment policy seems very short term - and even then without results.

Many fans didn't want him in the first place.

He was a moderate success in a very poor league.

So yeah he could turn it around. But looks very unlikely. 

I agree it's not a huge success, but it's not a huge failure either.

When and what did he say to the sort? This is slightly concerning if true I'll give you that.

The recruitment policy seems largely similar to under DS. I'm not complaining about us getting Phil Cout though.

Many fans were also onboard with the appointment.

He was a great success in a poor league.

I think that it's about 50/50 whether it'll work out atm. I'm not going to call it a failure just yet though.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Eh?  They look nothing like Brazil 1970.  They've done **** all but capitalise on our mistakes (first one unfortunate IMO).

They open us up everytime they have the **** ball.

Just now, a m ole said:

Rudiger goal, oh my

And Brentford then do what we never seem able to - equalise immediately

7 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Awful when our midfield try to be progressive. Plus, no one else apart from McGinns slip contributed to that first goal.

He hasn't tracked back and blocked 3 opportunities for them to score either.

How does that disprove anything of what I just said?

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

To get top 6 you need a squad that has 4-5 players that perform every week and then the rest who can perform at least every other week, who can you say that applies to in our team? I don’t think we even have 3 players that perform every other week. We’re bang average and the league table is telling us that loud and clear…

well, i said top 8, top 6 imo is completely unrealistic, we need to aim for top 8 to begin with, and tbh.....even that seems unrealistic unless we have a fairly large overhaul in the summer.