Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/22 at 23:00

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

How can you say Gerrard takes no blame and then note that Coutinho was quiet and Buendia was great for the 10 minutes he had. Buendia was playing well when he was dropped a few games ago, it's obvious he needs to play yet Gerrard fails to see it.

i was talking about the game rather than the bigger picture. However i dont see the issue of him playing about with the forward line, its not as if it was working with Buendia playing before.

That’s our 16th loss this season and this shows where we are at. We have a team with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 that is full of bang average players. Bang average players will get you at best to the middle of the table, which is exactly where we are. We need to stop overrating our players, they aren’t as good as a lot of our fans think.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

They most definitely were.

We had more possession, more shots and more shots on target and their 2 goals were ridiculously lucky.

If Watkins could finish we come away with at least a point.

Explain how 'they were better than us all day long' then?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, messi11 said:

You blaming the loss on the slips?

...and the own goal, since they were the only times they scored....yes!

What would you blame it on?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

...and the own goal, since they were the only times they scored....yes!

What would you blame it on?

Mcginn, Konsa, Gerrard, the whole team, mainly gerrard
If this was the apprentice who would you fire? you can only choose one

Edited by messi11
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He certainly is not getting anything out of these players, and I think they are better than he has them performing.

I used to think this way, but the bottom line is that Deano didn't get anything out of them either. Maybe they just aren't very good players. Not to say they're bad. Most of them are midtable players, which is exactly where we are. They have their strong points, but they have weaknesses. On top of that, it's a bad mixture of weaknesses; the pieces don't quite fit together no matter what the tactics.

When you watch players week in, week out, it's easy to get attached and think that they're better than they are. I'm trying to lose my attachment to some of the players in this group.

The players that you can build around are the Emis, Coutinho, Cash, and Mings. JJ gets more time because he's young and getting better, and Digne gets more time because he's new and hasn't settled yet. I'm not saying sell all the rest, but I wouldn't mind if any of them go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nigel said:

i was talking about the game rather than the bigger picture. However i dont see the issue of him playing about with the forward line, its not as if it was working with Buendia playing before.

He needs to play about with forward line during the game and earlier when it's not working and it was clear after the first half that it wasn't. Our forward play largely consisted of a ball over the top from Ming's.

If the games not going our way the manager needs to be able to change it. The top managers do......like Croatia and Italy did against England , they see the games not going their way and they work out a way to change it. Gerrard should at least be trying to change it and he's not . 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

He needs to play about with forward line during the game and earlier when it's not working and it was clear after the first half that it wasn't. Our forward play largely consisted of a ball over the top from Ming's.

If the games not going our way the manager needs to be able to change it. The top managers do......like Croatia and Italy did against England , they see the games not going their way and they work out a way to change it. Gerrard should at least be trying to change it and he's not . 

Well he tried something different today, so he knows its needs fixing. The problem is that players like Bailey need pitch time to get up to speed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Well he tried something different today, so he knows its needs fixing. The problem is that players like Bailey need pitch time to get up to speed.

I think the problem remains painfully obvious. We don’t have a player able to play the DM position properly. Luiz, McGinn, Sanson, etc. aren’t able to fill that void. If we got a top half level DM in the summer and no one else I’d be happy. 

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I think the problem remains painfully obvious. We don’t have a player able to play the DM position properly. Luiz, McGinn, Sanson, etc. aren’t able to fill that void. If we got a top half level DM in the summer and no one else I’d be happy. 

Im not sure its just that though, something is off with the attack too.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

We lost and I’ve learnt nothing new. Midfield is poor and we make silly mistakes. 

Bailey is a concern. Looks rubbish. 

needs space to play in, like many talented players do.....We can't make that space for him, we don't have the personnel, to do it.

We are Lightweight, everywhere.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Our biggest weakness by far is mentally. Most of those players are quite talented but buckle under any sort of pressure.

partially right.....it starts being physically out muscled ( being beaten to the ball) and then the mentality disipates and the fight drains out of us, and the composure, goes for a ball of chalk.

This is bar far, not the first time.....this soft under belly has been spoken about umpteen times. it has to change, if we want to move forward....It won't happen, until we bring in the right kind of players, so we must just avoid getting dragged in to the drop, for this season.

I think we have one outfield player above 6 foot.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Sansom going off was a ridiculous decision. We look like we have never played with each other and world class players look like championship players.We can't change a game with our subs  either it's like watching a slow motion car crash. 

when most of our players are much the same.....how can we change the game.

The problem was borne out of previous windows of recruiting players, much the same as we already had.....we are a better version of Everton.

• Like 1

Getting really fed up with this shocking number of defeats we have to keep enduring. It's actually getting a bit embarrassing now. Didn't really know what to expect today apart from we are always poor after international breaks so i called the 1-2 scoreline bizarrely. This losing mentality needs to stop.

Dreading next two games now.

• Like 1

Â