Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/22 at 23:00

2 minutes ago, switters said:

Wretched. No point to rest of this season. Buendia the only one to come out of that with any credit. 

Sanson was good, would have put luiz on for mcginn myself.

Wolves are well drilled, they all know exactly what their role is in the different phases of play. In comparison we did no look very well coached at all. The frustrating thing, apart from the slips and mistakes gifting them 2 goals, is that we have looked great with the ball under Gerrard more than a few times in the same shape we played today. We started well, albeit briefly, then lost the plot for most of the first half. There was very little cohesion, the players looked like they didn't know where the runs would be going, where the easy passes would be, the off the ball movement was poor in possession.

Improved second half but it looks to me if we're going to play this formation we need 4 of the world's best fullbacks to play it. 4 so we have better cover than bringing on Young (who made up for the OG with a goal saving tackle, he wasn't bad but he isn't going to make this formation work for us). The 2 tens should mean that in possession we are comfortable, have loads of options and create lots of chances for Watkins. It really did not work today, Bailey struggled tactically with the role IMO, he was played out of position and suffered. 

All that said, they wasted a shitload of chances and in the end had Watkins scored one of the other two golden chances he had apart from the pen, or had Cash netted at the end then we'd have stolen a point. Wolves were the better team though and deserved to win. I'm not sure the squad is so bad, but it looks like Gerrard is going to spend a lot of money in the summer and it might be make or break for both him and us. For this season, we're on 36 points now, 3 or 4 more and we should be giving the kids as much time on the pitch as possible. I think we'd still finish 10th/11th anyway. 

Just now, zak said:

So everyone is agreed for next week?

Martinez

cash Ming's Chambers Digne/Young 

Sanson Luiz Ramsey 

Coutinho Ings Buendia 

It doesn't bloody matter.

• Like 1

Just now, zak said:

So everyone is agreed for next week?

Martinez

cash Ming's Chambers Digne/Young 

Sanson Luiz Ramsey 

Coutinho Ings Buendia 

Konsa doesn't deserve to be dropped IMO, saved us on a few occasions today in a no fuss way. He reads the game brilliantly and snuffed out a lot of danger by intercepting and then laying the ball of no bother.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Whilst they weren't amazing, they didn't have to be and still squandered 4 or 5 chances for the third. They could have been out of sight by the time we scored, they were better than us all day long.

No they weren't.

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

we had enough clear chances to win that game. we need to be more clinical. two flukey goals cost us in the end. 

they had just as many chances to finish us off, the score really flatters us.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

How you supposed to pick a motm from that shambles. Those players need to take a long look at themselves. No fight at times, unforgivable. 

Yeah we need a "no player" option sometimes...I picked Martinez just because I couldnt pick any outfield player.

• Like 1

I didn't listen to the match or watch it, so a bit rich for me to comment, but my very ill-informed observations are that we lose a lot, and that the change of manager hasn't changed that, and according to the reports we play badly a lot. That is very concerning. Not sure I wouldn't be that bothered if any of the team or management were replaced in the summer. That is all.

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Konsa doesn't deserve to be dropped IMO, saved us on a few occasions today in a no fuss way. He reads the game brilliantly and snuffed out a lot of danger by intercepting and then laying the ball of no bother.

Konsa didn’t deserve to regain his place from Chambers in the first place

• Like 3

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

We didn't turn up on our big day 

It's not wor big day though es et? Nobody cared about Wolves until they got rich and turned Portuguese and started singing Mind The Gap at us.

Who gives a f**k about Wolves. I care more that Gerrard patted himself on the back for 3 wins in a row but either side of that we've been largely spineless and directionless.

A pattern is emerging and I don't like it. It's that of a streaky turd slipping slowly down the toilet bowl and leaving a mess to clean up after.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Clueless Gerrard. Tactics all wrong 

You mean the tactic for 2 players to slip over and another to score an own goal?

Yep all wrong!

• Like 4

Â