Match Thread: Villa v Watford

limpid

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I can’t think of a single time when it’s ever been successful and not looked like we’re just confused.

Free kicks from that close in need to be treated like those indirect free kicks in the box.  Move it and strike. They never have enough bend or dip to get around the wall and be on target. Best option is belt it to where the keeper is and hope for a deflection or change the angle 

It's just a goalkick otherwise

Just now, YLN said:

Free kicks from that close in need to be treated like those indirect free kicks in the box.  Move it and strike. They never have enough bend or dip to get around the wall and be on target. Best option is belt it to where the keeper is and hope for a deflection or change the angle 

It's just a goalkick otherwise

Basically what Trippier did last week.

Just now, holteend1982 said:

Unlucky coutinho. Watford have come for a point, no attempt to play any form of football, just park the bus and hope to get 1 or 2 counters in the 90 mins 

Yep - they've been wasting time since the 10th minute. They've gotten away with so much.

• Like 1

I almost don't even want to go here, but just look at what Klopp has done the last 2/3 games at Liverpool to change things round from negative positions.... I know I got here late, but did someone say Ashley Young was subbed on!? Jesus wept. Worrying.