Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Watford

limpid

Match Polls  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/02/22 at 23:59

Looking at our next run of games you wonder where our next win is going to come from.

If we can't beat a p*ss poor Watford team at home then I can't see us beating Brighton, Southampton, West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester or even feckin Leeds. 

I thought people were overreacting when talk of slipping back into a relegation battle but I can definitely see it now. We should be nowhere near one but we're Aston Villa an absolute laughing stock of a football club who always mess things up whether we have a decent team or not.

Aside from realising Gerrard isn't fit to manage us, the players should also be ashamed. After performances like today and last week, none of them are fit to wear the shirt.  

Fines should be handed out to anyone who stepped onto the pitch today, maybe that will be the only way to motivate these losers to actually turn up and perform.

Emi M: Our best player as usual

Mings & Chambers: Solid. Chambers keeps his place in my book.

Digne: OK.

Cash: Medicore.

McGinn: Good defending, awful passing. Needs to be dropped, but for whom? Clearly Gerrard doesn't trust Sanson.

Dougie: Invisible except one pass. Needs to be dropped, but for whom? Naka please come back soon. Can't believe I'm saying that.

Ramsey: Ok but nothing special.

Buendia: Teams have figured out that if you shut him down, you shut down the entire team. They marked him out of the match.

Coutinho: OK, almost conjured a couple moments of magic. Is he really going to want to stay?

Ings: Good first 45. Out of it second half, maybe because he's not fully fit, maybe because Watkins came on and they just can't work together.

Watkins: Added nothing.

Bailey: Looked lively at times, but clearly suffering from missing most of the season.

Young: Sorry, time to retire.

Gerrard: The rest of the league has figured out his tactics. We've been shut down for several matches. He needs to show more flexibility or it's going to be a long rest of the season.

So, in short, I blame this match on three things: (1) Ashley Young poor mistake. (2) Gerrard poor tactics. (3) Watford excellent defending.

• Like 2

Let's continue with the 3 in the middle who have **** up the last countless games because of course they will suddenly become better.

Sansom should just refuse to be on the bench now when we have consistently unreliable players showing nothing game after game after game and he is again ignored.

Gerrard needs to give his head a wobble if he plays the same midfield again any time soon.

Are we trying to see if we can lose to every worse team ? because he's on target.

How to throw away  3 easy games in a row by Steve Gerrard and his trio of buffoons.

Ramsey was poor, again. He has an excuse of being young.

Mcginn ? Just drop him he needs dropping 

Luiz ? Back to the one we had when we first signed him but without the rare goal.

Just a total embarrassment from manager down to players at the moment.

• Like 1

Gerrard needs to be more flexible tactically. The obsession with one passing style doesn't cut it in the Premier League. He is coming up against world class managers, not the Sunday league ones that he was at Rangers. Hodgson had him in his pocket today and it won't be the last time an opposition manager will. 

We put ourselves in a miserable situation with all the talk of 'a winnable stretch of games' or whatever the arrogant complacent narrative was. No - in this league there are no 'winnable stretches' or 'easy fixtures'. You fight like there is no tomorrow for every minute of every game or you lose. Mentally we put ourselves in a situation expecting to dominate and win, which makes every mistake and every point lost tougher to take. So disheartening to see the disconnect between players, coach and supporters start creeping back in when I thought we were, finally, on our way somewhere.

We are in a dark place now - need to get the points to stay up and then start again. 

Sanson must still be shagging Stevie G’s wife.   Come to think of it, Young as well.

Only one change from last week

Awful subs, one of which cost us the goal and all of which saw us going from keeping and moving the ball well (although without creating anything) to suddenly giving the ball away cheaply like the last few weeks.

We’re trying too many cute little 1-2’s in front of goal and it’s not working.  Someone needs to shoot, but it’s too congested.

Well ****, ****ety, ****.

Diidn’t watch this but clearly another lame performance. Not good enough by a mile and this needs to be addressed quickly and decisively.

Thanks for ruining another Saturday evening for me.

No man of the match obvs.

Edited by briny_ear

Someone tell the manager the rules of physics are well established. A player can't be in 2 places at the same time. Criminal what he is asking Cash to do. Has to defend our box then teleport to the attacking 3rd or the right flank is completely empty.  If this tactic actually worked in the SPL then it's a worst league than I thought. 

In the 1st half after Ings the 2 closes Villa players to Watford's goal were our fullbacks. How does that make any sense. Steven you aren't the smartest dude in the room, even a U12 manager can see the gaping holes in your setup. 

Â