Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Watford

limpid

Match Polls  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/02/22 at 23:59

Villa's cycle of appointing dog dirt British managers is why we keep under achieving no matter how much money we spend. The top sides appoint high quality foreign managers and that is why they succeed. Until our owners wake up and smell the coffee their money will continue to be pissed up the wall.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thunderball said:

How can you make these statements without watching the game??

I did watch it so let me help you out: we are an absolute clueless shambles and it’s getting even worse.

I didn't watch out of choice because I've had enough of watching this useless team recently. The last time I didn't watch a game was West Ham at home when we were performing like sh*t under Smith and he got the boot soon after. 

But I actually thought we would win today just because Watford are sh*t and I thought we must be able to beat these with a higher calibre of player at our disposal. I was updated by someone who was watching though so didn't need to watch to know how bad we were.

The fact that we performed like shite and also lost takes the biscuit, and that bit in bold says it all for me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Ridiculous to say already but Gerrard needs to go. He's not going to last, these results are appalling and Smith got sacked for similar form.

My fears about appointing Gerrard who's only proven in a pub league starting to come true. We should have gone for a proven manager and Purslow is to blame for this mess because it was his decision to go for Gerrard. 

An absolute shambles of a season gets even worse. Thankfully I didn't watch today but comments prove we just as woeful if not worse than last week.

Gerrard doesn't deserve to be manager of this club.

Purslow signed Ings. What well thought out transfer business that was. A massive expensive panic buy at best.

• Like 1

Gerrard honeymoon over.

Same old problems. Not decisive enough in attack and we run out of steam and are vulnerable against counter attacks.

McGinn worked hard. Douglas lacks focus, probably distracted by his girl. Ramsey continues to develop and look strong.

Ings is missing too many but his general play was good. 

Substitutions made us worse.

Want to see Bailey run at players.

Need to play the next few games more defence minded and stop the rot or we might be facing a nervy end of season.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hanky said:

It was no surprise we were poor after starting with near enough the same side who started again Newcastle.

The subs were utterly baffling. We have no width in the side, no plan B and no midfield. How can we have spent all this money and still be so poor? 

This. The squad is so unbalanced and will take a LOT of money to fix. Definitely going to try the owners patience 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adman said:

I actually think most of the players are giving everything theyve got.  The system is not suiting the players and it needs to change before Gerrard loses the players and their input drops too.

Spot on. All this stuff during the week about Gerrard giving the players a good kicking. Its down to him and his coaching team.

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Don’t even care anymore. Over a decade now of false hopes/dawns/roars/rising lions etc… I’m fed up of plans, I’m fed up of Villa and I’m fed up of football in general, it’s all just boring now and with the way it’s all run to keep oil states, tycoons and oligarchs rich it’s all effectively pointless anyway. 

Yes, exactly. And yes, I’ll see you here next week, too. 😉

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Don’t even care anymore. Over a decade now of false hopes/dawns/roars/rising lions etc… I’m fed up of plans, I’m fed up of Villa and I’m fed up of football in general, it’s all just boring now and with the way it’s all run to keep oil states, tycoons and oligarchs rich it’s all effectively pointless anyway. 

I am not giving up on Villa yet (more fool me), and it would be silly to say that Sawiris and Edens haven't turned our fortunes around, but, if even the richest Arab billionaire and a stonkingly rich American can't bring us silverware or European qualification in the next five years, then, yes, what's the point? Especially with the Saudi Arabians now in the mix.

Again, Ellis agreeing to sell the club was our one (and will possibly be our only) moment to break in to the Champions League places at just the right time, pre-FFP, and we **** it up.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 2

Â