Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Watford

limpid

Match Polls  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/02/22 at 23:59

That was a mess. The two week preseason has managed to make us worse. Hard to see how buendia and coutinho work in the same team. Jury is out on a lot of things. For £30m bailey needs to be better too. Only bright point ings has cemented his place ahead of watkins and Martinez was back to his best. 

Edited by villa89

Watkins and Ings don't work. The change broke the patterns of play that were productive.

Unforgivable from Young to allow that header. Strange sub.

We won't win games for all the good play if we don't hit the target.

Two penalties not given, Watford allowed to bully and waste so much time.

We are too naive for our own good.

Edited by The_Steve

Game was lost the minute he put Young on at RB … he’s had a shocker out there and shouldn’t have been put in that position . we could play until Tuesday and not score , it’s like the players think the season is over and they are on the beach already , Mings seemed to be the only way who looked like this meant something , but for Martinez we’d have lost by 2 or 3 today

no idea what Gerrard does next , but maybe start with  a phone call to Preston and get a form striker back 

Assuming we survive this season some big decisions to be made in the summer 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

Ridiculous to say already but Gerrard needs to go. He's not going to last, these results are appalling and Smith got sacked for similar form.

My fears about appointing Gerrard who's only proven in a pub league starting to come true. We should have gone for a proven manager and Purslow is to blame for this mess because it was his decision to go for Gerrard. 

An absolute shambles of a season gets even worse. Thankfully I didn't watch today but comments prove we just as woeful if not worse than last week.

Gerrard doesn't deserve to be manager of this club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Designer1 said:

This squad should not be playing this badly and in this position in the league.

The majority of the blame at the moment has to go to the manager.

Really? I think people need to wake up and realise our players aren’t that good.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

A nightmare of a result. Once again, a team out of form, desperate for a win get it against us. Not only has the honeymoon period ended, questions have to be asked about what we're actually trying to do because we're getting worse and worse.

A horrible few weeks for Villa this has been. I'm not even angry, just gutted that we're shit again.

Pretty much this, anger had gone just acceptance and pain that we are what we are like we have been for the majority of past 20 years.

• Like 2

The system so far.

Gerrard Slip GIFs | TenorOn this day, one year ago, Steven Gerrard slipped to allow Ba through on  goal to severely dent Liverpool's title hopes : r/soccer

Can't be all down to the players if I'm honest.

Losing to bottom of the table Watford who hasn't scored in a month and getting 1 point from Leeds, Newcastle & Watford is just sad.

Not sure what the subs was about but I guess it was down to injuries?

Congrats to 74 y.o Roy Hodgson to his first win I guess. Villa as always the gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 1

Â