Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

With the away kits we usually stick with blue, black and white for aways recently. We use to do alot of yellows.

I have to say though i absolutely loved the navy one this season. Thats one of my favourite kits ever. I might actually buy another one in case something happens to my one in wash

The only yellow kit since I started following is the one that sent us down.

I loved the 2013 horse jockey away kit, as well as the 2019 green third.

I quite like them. The home reminds me of the, I think, first Nike kit and it's just nice not to have weird shoulders like the one this year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They look so cheap. They also seem to have that purple shade of claret that the Under Armour kits had, but at least those were good quality.

The claret looks spot on to me. The club has definte specific pantone colours for the branding nowadays and it looks on point. What I will say is the blue looks more Luke blue than Kappa wishy washy blue which I like. The simplicity and plainness is a nice refreshing change from trying to add crap now need to a kit just to stop pirate tops being manufactured. As a graphic designer I love that. They've absolutely had faith in the initial designs without the need to add patterns and such to it (third kit aside). I absolutely applaud them for it and these are a million miles better than this season kits. From not making the home kit anything other than a tweak of last seasons kit, to the away trying too hard with those lines far too thick and the claret being almost purple to that monstrosity of a third kit with the weird green grey badge and trims, they're the obvious kits of a supplier knowing it's their last year so why bother.

These Castore kits are head and shoulders above this season's kits.

You've all been blinded by adding unneeded patterns, stripes etc to kit designs to no appreciate the beauty of simplicity.

Edited by stewiek2

Worst kits since Macron. I was really hoping it wasn’t going to be Castore, their kits look like cheap no name tat.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

New kits are always going to split fans, I'm on the side of Happy with them. I like the simple look to them, there's something retro about them and there's lots of retro shirt being mass produced now from 'ScoreDraw' Lets just hope the fit is better LOL

#UTV

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

The claret looks spot on to me. The club has definte specific pantone colours for the branding nowadays and it looks on point. What I will say is the blue looks more Luke blue than Kappa wishy washy blue which I like. The simplicity and plainnness is a nice refreshing change from trying to add crap now need to a kit just to stop pirate tops being manufactured. As a graphic designer I love that. They've absolutely had faith in the initial designs without the need to add patterns and such to it (third kit aside). I absolutely applaud them for it and these are a million miles better than this season kits. From not making the home kit anything other than a tweak of last seasons kit, to the away trying too hard with those lines far too thick and the claret being almost purple to that monstrosity of a third kit with the weird green grey badge and trims, they're the obvious kits of a supplier knowing it's their last year so why bother.

These Castorw kits are head and shoulders above this season's kits.

You've all been blindes by adding unneeded patterns, stripes etc to kit designs to no appreciate the beauty of simplicity.

I actually don't mind the designs. The home kit is almost identical to the 17/18 kit minus the embossed lions (was a nice, if eccentric touch).The quality of the materials, and the cut of the kit however look horrible. Like a knockoff kit. The away and keeper kits look like training tops. The only one that looks decent is the third.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

With the away kits we usually stick with blue, black and white for aways recently. We use to do alot of yellows.

I have to say though i absolutely loved the navy one this season. Thats one of my favourite kits ever. I might actually buy another one in case something happens to my one in wash

I also loved the navy but it was really poorly received by a lot of people and we’ve had some terrible results in it. 

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

I also loved the navy but it was really poorly received by a lot of people and we’ve had some terrible results in it. 

When i was at vp there was a hell of a lot of people wearing it. Hoping we see more navy kits in the future

What I find a bit odd is that the background print on the home and away shirt don’t match. It’s criss crossy on the home kit and vertical stripes on the away kit. Would prefer the print to match and just have the colours different. 

I might warm to them, just need to see them on, they look a bit dull in those photos.

Every season the home shirt is not:

- all pink (2001/02)

- stripes (1993/95, 1999/2000)

- badgeless with big horizontal stripes (1985/87)

- an utter abomination of a non-Villa shirt (1987-89)

I breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Regarding the leaked image of the home shirt, what's not to like about a shirt that looks like a Villa shirt? All in my ever so humble opinion of course!