Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

Just made an online purchase utilising the ''free delivery'' and then get charged a 99p handling fee !!!

Quote - ''Handling Fee: A handling fee is added on an order to cover warehouse storage cost and packing cost''

This is just code for rip off. Feel quite angry about this, it's not the amount it's just like a stealth tax. It's a disgrace and i don't see any other major online stores doing anything like this.

@OutByEaster? can this be bought up at the next FCG meeting. It seems the club are trying to increase revenues in an underhand way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Just made an online purchase utilising the ''free delivery'' and then get charged a 99p handling fee !!!

Quote - ''Handling Fee: A handling fee is added on an order to cover warehouse storage cost and packing cost''

This is just code for rip off. Feel quite angry about this, it's not the amount it's just like a stealth tax. It's a disgrace and i don't see any other major online stores doing anything like this.

@OutByEaster? can this be bought up at the next FCG meeting. It seems the club are trying to increase revenues in an underhand way.

Who is charging the handling fee?

9 minutes ago, imavillan said:

It's the Villa website. The official online store.

shop.avfc.co.uk

Standard with fanatics villa store and kitbag as all the same.

I use the kitbag ebay store its free shipping and no handling fee and you can normally get 20% off.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Standard with fanatics villa store and kitbag as all the same.

I use the kitbag ebay store its free shipping and no handling fee and you can normally get 20% off.

Yes, i have used the ebay store in the past, it's the way to go, but the item i want is oos.

It's still a rip off though.

44 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I did 2 orders on the same day once and then phoned them asking if they could combine the orders and only charge one handling fee. The answer was No. So I asked why not?  The answer was, we are unable to do it.  (Basically compute said No).

It really is a piss take. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I did 2 orders on the same day once and then phoned them asking if they could combine the orders and only charge one handling fee. The answer was No. So I asked why not?  The answer was, we are unable to do it.  (Basically compute said No).

It really is a piss take. 

Basically, everything's automated, and we have no access to overrule what the system is doing.  But we're also charging you for the fact a system is doing it. 

In fairness, whenever an adhoc request like yours comes in, it costs the company more to accommodate the request than doing nothing,  and if they did fulfil the request they'd get less money to boot. The fact most companies would accommodate such a request anyway probably says all we need to know about Fanatics' level of care for their customer base.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Nope. We're supported by Subside Sports who don't usually get access to Castore products so I'll probably have to shell out for one.

That’s a shame mate, I have to be honest and say that it looks really nice, but obviously guys like yourself have a far superior knowledge on these things than us peasants! 😂

• Haha 1

I got one of them eBay kitbag tops for CarryOnLad. The sizing is completely different to Kappa’s and it’s too big for him, but ideal for his fat dad… so here’s my instant review, compared to last seasons kit. 

Both tops are the stadium versions, kappa away, castore home

this is a Medium, and it’s a smidge tighter than last seasons XL.

Overall, a better fit than the kappa kits, about the same around the chest and a bit bigger around the gut (ideal for me).

The fabric feels more thicker and a smidge more rougher than the kappa one

To me, the claret is spot on, and very close to the official hex colour. So goes the blue in fact

The villa badge is now full rubber. To me this is Good, because it’s adds in so much more detail… the lion is fully detailed and looks great. But this year it has has added indented lines on the shield, which makes the whole badge look classier. The Castore logo is embroidered on (watch your nips), so that’s not coming off in the wash… the cazoo logo is heat pressed on, like last season, so that needs a wash test, however my kappa has fully survived all its washes  

the chevrons are indented in to the fabric and look nice for it, I’m not sure how that’s done, but I’m suspicious if they stay like that after a few washes. I hope they do. The blue trim at the bottom create a nice break and slimming contour and distracts from the lovehandled muffin tops  

2 things that are minor flaw to me. Where the side panels meet the main front panel, around the titty area are not aligned correctly (or mismatched in size) and that creates some puckering in the arm pit area. It’s not drastic, but it may bother some. 

and the sleeves are about an inch or 2 wider than I would like, but then again I have twiglit arms 

but overall it’s a good kit, a lot better than I was suspecting. Better fit for the average dad bod, but the fabric is just a smidge worse.

• Like 1

On 12/07/2022 at 18:43, Ingram85 said:

Any reports on quality of the shirts yet? 

Wearing mine for first day today, for me it's more comfortable to wear, the neck isn't half as tight this year, will report back after couple of washes 

Just now, MNVillan said:

I wear an XL in Kappa, although it’s a little bit of a tight squeeze. Am i good to order an XL in Castore, or should I go Large?

my M Castor is a little snugger than my XL Kappa, not much tho.. so yeah an L may just be the right fit if you want to be safe

• Like 1