Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Still really dont see how we can rely on Zinchenko who hardly plays in the Midfield to solve our Midfield issues. and we dont need him as LB cover for 35 million

To be fair, "positions" are fairly meaningless in City's system. He's a "left back" because traditionally, we need to label players as such. In use, he's more of a left-sided midfielder.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Not a link but

Now this would be that marquee signing we need in the right area however hes a left sides CM which is annoying because thats JJ Position 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

We wouldn't be bringing in Zinchenko as back up left-back, makes no sense, one of the big reasons we let Targett go is because it made sense to bring in a much younger left-back that could deputize for Digne and hopefully replace him in two or three years time.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Zinchenko would be absolutely amazing. 

I’d love to sign him. Very good player. 

17 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Still really dont see how we can rely on Zinchenko who hardly plays in the Midfield to solve our Midfield issues. and we dont need him as LB cover for 35 million

what you said about bale avfc talk time has left crypic message there saying able soon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I thought Zinchenko was a lb. Does he play in midfield?

For Ukraine yes. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I thought Zinchenko was a lb. Does he play in midfield?

Plays LB for city but they push him right up, further than LWB, look at when they played us on the last day he was effectively doing grealishs role (and doing it better...) plays midfield for ukraine

We could buy him as a midfielder but also cover for LB

• Like 4

I don't think we will be interested in Zinchenko, Gerrard will want someone much more proven as a central midfielder, and the left-back we sign as back-up will be someone younger, not someone who themselves will be close to thirty by the time Digne starts to decline, which is one of the main reasons let Targett go, doesn't make sense to have back-up left-back that's only two or three years younger than Digne. Signing Zinchenko might mean signing a young left-back wouldn't be as much of an urgent need and could perhaps wait until winter or next summer, but I think it would still be on the agenda, but Zinchenko would only be an option for us as a back-up left-back if he's signed primarily as a midfielder, but I think we will want someone much more proven as a central midfielder, our current options in midfield aren't actually that bad, so if we bring in another to improve us it's going to have to be a really good player, not saying Zinchenko isn't, just that he hasn't played much in midfield.

Edited by useless
Found the default size, so took the bold off.

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

People on holidays maybe?

Absolutely - we worked quickly and efficiently on securing our top targets in Kamara and Carlos and thrashed out the deal for Olsen. 

We may have things already in place but reliant on selling clubs bringing replacements etc, whilst looking at shifting some of our own too.

I’m not concerned with the recent lack of activity at all.

Stuff will be going on in the background and let’s face it, the club now has a reputation of keeping transfer rumours to the minimum! The media must hate it 😂

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder if some people realise that the transfer window officially opened 8 days ago, and closes on September 1, 2022 . Like a month and a half from now? 🤔🤦🏿

Two and a half months!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think we will be interested in Zinchenko, Gerrard will want someone much older.

FTFY