Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

ffs man 

as with Dendoncker, not a "top individual signing", however, i do think a central defensive/DM triangle of players like Mings, Bednerak and Dendoncker will make us look like a different animal defensively, height, power, physicality, exactly what we are missing.

Its a team game, and having a trio of players like that shoring up the back will allow, at least in theory, our attacking players to do their thing a bit more.

This is much more solid:

Martinez

Cash - Bednarek - Mings - Digne

Kamara - Dendoncker - Luiz

I have no doubt that Gerrard wont do this though, and will bench Bednarek for Konsa, Luiz for McGinn and Dendoncker for the milk man, giving us zero physicality and an average height of 4ft 2in.

if it's on loan, then it's fine and suits our immediate needs. I don't object to that. It would be the spending millions on a permanent fee for someone who will be involved for no more than one season that would be a waste

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

as with Dendoncker, not a "top individual signing", however, i do think a central defensive/DM triangle of players like Mings, Bednerak and Dendoncker will make us look like a different animal defensively, height, power, physicality, exactly what we are missing.

Its a team game, and having a trio of players like that shoring up the back will allow, at least in theory, our attacking players to do their thing a bit more.

This is much more solid:

Martinez

Cash - Bednarek - Mings - Digne

Kamara - Dendoncker - Luiz

I have no doubt that Gerrard wont do this though, and will bench Bednarek for Konsa, Luiz for McGinn and Dendoncker for the milk man, giving us zero physicality and an average height of 4ft 2in.

You’re assuming Luiz is staying though.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Bednarek on loan is a reasonable move for extra cover due to the unplanned Carlos injury. However could we just have kept Hause on instead?

Perhaps, though Hause may well have been agitating for a chance to play more football after his benchtime already. I can't imagine Bednarek will start more than 10, 15 games this year