Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Yet another ridiculous non purchase. Buying aging cast offs of the teams we are looking to supposedly emulate. 

This is the result of our extensive recruitment department working their magic. 

He was a very good player. He is not any more.  Have our recruitment been in a coma since lockdown ? 

Just now, Jas10 said:

If we’re suddenly going to play with wingers or wide players, then we need a left sided one… not yet another RW 🤦‍♂️

Just have doubts about whether we even know what we’re doing, judging by what’s going on out there on the pitch, I would suggest no… WTF is even going on? 🤷‍♂️

But I’ll take Lucas IF it means Poch is coming! 😁

Otherwise no, sick of us targeting older players on big wages, stupid contracts… hate these financial burdens…

Kind of hate that Gerrard has changed our strategy when it hasn’t even benefitted us as all…

We need a “winner” of a manager not some overpaid old farts 😆

SG OUT!

We have Bailey who is left footed and has played more games on left wing than right in his career. 

We are looking at Moura who is right footed and has played more games on right wing than left.

They are versatile 

I refuse to believe that Lange and NSWE are approving / bankrolling a deadline day move for Moura. There's just no way.

If I'm wrong, they're really not half as clever as I thought.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

thats a bit of a moot argument, if we considered El Ghazi or Trez good enough for our first 11, i would be asking for you to be med screened.

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Trez, AEG and Traore - I can see why Gerrard wanted to move beyond those and sign a new wide forward instead

Traore on the right and Bailey on the left would have been miles better than this awful formation he is currently playing, that was the point

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I refuse to believe that Lange and NSWE are approving / bankrolling a deadline day move for Moura. There's just no way.

If I'm wrong, they're really not half as clever as I thought.

It's not happening mate don't fear. 

• Thanks 4

Loan with option to buy. 
Good to see our coherent and clear recruitment strategy is working well! Just what we need….a technical, inconsistent Brazilian who has zero physical stature and has questionable work rate. 
Well done Gerrard….just what we need. 

Please leave our club, sir. 

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t think we are that stupid. 

We appointed a manager who had zero track record and who's only real achievement was doing okay in a two team pub league. I think we are. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, eholm said:

Loan with option to buy. 
Good to see our coherent and clear recruitment strategy is working well! Just what we need….a technical, inconsistent Brazilian who has zero physical stature and has questionable work rate. 

where is this news from?

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well it's from the Telegraph so they're as reliable as we get in terms of transfer info

Thanks, that is terrifying. The Telegraph is not my paper but their sports section has some credibility :(

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

4 minutes ago, eholm said:

Loan with option to buy. 

I doubt its his first second or third choice.  Maybe we are losing Bailey and he is the replacement . 

• Sad 1