Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As I indicated in the match thread.

I think " poorer individual players " is a myth 

Our players are only higher profile by name.

I'd take several of those Palace players here.

Also, it's about the balance as much as it is about the players.

Other teams are getting better, lesser known players than us for fractions of the price.

Have to disagree.

Na, I wouldn’t take those players. SG would do an even shiter job with that lot.

If we had to do business with Palace, I’d swap managers though, without hesitation.

I’m just firmly of the belief that under SG these players are only set up to fail and not success. It’s the manager that is holding them back because he is clueless.

I’m not saying we have the best squad and I’m always happy for us to strengthen but there is certainly quality in there that can be better utilised. There is no doubt about that, at least in my mind.

Again, I pointed out a few players there. If they are performing anywhere near their best, they can be very effective indeed.

How many players has SG even come close to bringing the best out of???

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ismaila Sarr are we having a f***ing laugh.. yeah hes a talented player but he is not what we bloody need right now!!! Ffs this club is doing my head in😂 get a friggin CM 

Are we stockpiling RWs now? FFS

Even if we suddenly start playing with wingers, Who T F is going to play and perform on that LW when they are unfamiliar with that position/role?

It’s just a mess, I can’t see us getting any better until we get rid of SG…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Are we stockpiling RWs now? FFS

Even if we suddenly start playing with wingers, Who T F is going to play and perform on that LW when they are unfamiliar with that position/role?

It’s just a mess, I can’t see us getting any better until we get rid of SG…

We will be proper top heavy! Weak defence and midfield.
Also Sarr stats look awful on here https://fbref.com/en/players/bfdb33aa/Ismaila-Sarr

42 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Good Tayls

SG is getting the blame for previous signings.

He might not be good enough, but i would defy any manager to get a good midfield out of our squad

Sigh. We’ll just have to wait and see.

But let’s assume they all are shit: why hasn’t SG done something about it? Being the manager he’s not only supposed to improve players, he also has a lot to say about transfers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

We will be proper top heavy! Weak defence and midfield.
Also Sarr stats look awful on here https://fbref.com/en/players/bfdb33aa/Ismaila-Sarr

My only hope is that this is the start of a flurry of activity heading toward the deadline and we will strengthen in midfield while we are at it. Just a hope though… I have no idea.

My dream is that we get rid of this clown, hire a competent manager and start playing some actual football.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Sigh. We’ll just have to wait and see.

But let’s assume they all are shit: why hasn’t SG done something about it? Being the manager he’s not only supposed to improve players, he also has a lot to say about transfers.

Because he’s shit.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

My only hope is that this is the start of a flurry of activity heading toward the deadline and we will strengthen in midfield while we are at it. Just a hope though… I have no idea.

My dream is that we get rid of this clown, hire a competent manager and start playing some actual football.

Wouldn’t mind a ”Here we go” with some proper manager from the Bundesliga at the end of the window.

As much as it does seem odd buying someone who’s been primarily a wide player it will be nice to have some genuine pace in the side for this first time in a LONG time. Think Buendia will enjoy the space he will create and the opportunity for through balls. He’s also a proper athlete, Palace had a team full of strong players today and they bullied us at times. So Sarr might not be the complete answer but might be an interesting new piece of the puzzle. If nothing else he can beat a player. Pretty much nobody in our team does that regularly. 

As others have said though No.8 is the priority. McGinn and Ramsey don’t work together, I’m games where they have space to use their running power it can/has at times but in tight/competitive games like this one (and lots of PL games) it just doesn’t and we’ve seen that enough now. We were crying out for Luiz before we went 2-1 down. 

Whatever happens we need to flex some financial muscle. We have a team that finished 14th last year and showed relegation form without Grealish the year before. Adding Kamara to that and expecting a big improvement is wishful thinking at best. 

Edited by villaglint

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Would love Poch but there’s no way he would come. I doubt Potter would come either. We could maybe tempt Rodgers given the current shit show at Leicester.

I know it’s hard but we really need to back Gerrard for now. I admit that it’s been poor for a while and he’s been making some utterly mind baffling decisions but we just need to get behind him and hope he comes good. Changing the manager is not going to change the imbalance in our squad. Let’s keep behind him until the WC break and then reassess. Surely we can do that?!

He hasn't shown at any point that he should be our manager.

• Like 1

I am warming to the Sarr signing which does make a lot of sense but please, please, please, please ffs sign a big, strong, athletic, powerful, ball winning, destroyer of a centre mid too. I can’t watch another game where I spend 90 minutes wondering if JJ and SJM have slipped down a wormhole into another dimension, only to realise that they have both been chasing shadows on the pitch for the entire 90 minutes (not their fault as they are both being asked to do something totally unsuited to them!)

A. I wouldnt give this clown another penny to spend since he is allegedly head coach

B. I would take any money in the transfer budget to replace him with a competent manager. Who is the Barnet/Crawley manager they cant be worse

• Like 1