Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

54 minutes ago, RicRic said:

12 in 50 games Timo 😂 nah only kidding , its a weird one because he got more than plenty goals for leipzing … depay isn’t bad at all for barcelona its just that barca standard is freaking high!… i think people dont like his swagger more than anything but he hasn’t drifted away from the football he still has huge concentration for his craft… 

I would swap either Ollie or Ings for Werner no problem 

Richard Keys said gerrard has spent big this summer so anything other than cracking the top six is considered failure. Im sorry who spent big ??? 😕 we barely touched our kitty this season especially compared to last season … spent circa £46m if im not mistaken and we just got 15 for carney so not sure what he feels we have done to warrant a top six shot 😂 but we certainly are not at that level right now so he needs to keep it steady on this one

I find it funny how many people complain about Ollie missing his chances yet so many of the same people would take Werner. In Premier League play, Ollie has scored 25 goals on 28.2 xG for Villa while Werner has scored 10 goals on 19.5 xG in two seasons with Chelsea.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I find it funny how many people complain about Ollie missing his chances yet so many of the same people would take Werner. In Premier League play, Ollie has scored 25 goals on 28.2 xG for Villa while Werner has scored 10 goals on 19.5 xG in two seasons with Chelsea.

Football isn’t all about stats. Some judge it with their eyes. I think Werner is a much better player to Watkins. He needs to be played properly and he needs a run of game imo. I watched him at RBL and we was unreal he was so good. The right team and the right manager and Werner will look world class. Ollie will never look world class although he is very good

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

But Werner runs around a lot like a headleaa chicken so makes him look like he is doing something

I think Watkins can be upgraded but Werner is pretty crap if watch him weekly

• Confused 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Football isn’t all about stats. Some judge it with their eyes. I think Werner is a much better player to Watkins. He needs to be played properly and he needs a run of game imo. I watched him at RBL and we was unreal he was so good. The right team and the right manager and Werner will look world class. Ollie will never look world class although he is very good

At RBL he played wide left and used his pace for the space Poulsen made him, already would be a huge problem for us to get him in since we dont play width

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

At RBL he played wide left and used his pace for the space Poulsen made him, already would be a huge problem for us to get him in since we dont play width

Is that agreeing with me? I said in the right team with the right manager and he looked world class at RBL?

2 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I think it's a Villa forum thing. Out in the non Villa PL world many fans of other clubs look at our striker choice enviously. 

Some of our fans should spend time browsing Everton's fans forum (not one striker fit except Rondon who's suspended). Dele Ali will probably have to start up front.

Other club's forums make for an educational read as well. I do not enjoy the negativity on here one little bit. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Is that agreeing with me? I said in the right team with the right manager and he looked world class at RBL?

Half and half😛 Gerrard is no Nagelsmann though 😛

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But Werner runs around a lot like a headleaa chicken so makes him look like he is doing something

I think Watkins can be upgraded but Werner is pretty crap if watch him weekly

But Werner looked good against Villa when he played for RBL in that one preseason game 3 years ago...  He's the current Shane Long or Wagner Love incarnate who has one good game against us and the "I only watch Villa" crowd wants us to sign him for the next 5 seasons.  

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

We need to sign Endrick and then drop the mic 🎤 … that would be revenge served cold for Chelski and let them send us Pulisic.

would you guys prefer 

Depay or Werner ? 

Depay, I think Werner isn't strong enough for the Premier League

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I've only ever watched Werner for Chelsea and he's been pretty much shit in every game I've watched. Maybe he has potential but he's certainly not better than Ollie currently.

• Like 2

We are not the club to come to in order to build confidence.

I'd like Werner, it would open up other options for us in formation and in style.

4312 with one of WatkIngs

4231 or 433 either on the left or as the Striker.

We'd have a lot of pace with him and/or Bailey, defences would have to watch them both and suddenly WatkIngs would have more space and we'd see them flourish.

If he played ahead of Coutinho and Buendia, his pace would be unreal for their through balls.

But coming to us, with the expectations and how hard he's found it in the league so far, would be a massive gamble. And a club that finished 14th can't be keeping Watkins, Ings, Bailey, Buendia, Coutinho and Werner happy as we aren't in enough competitions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Werner at RBL was god tier, Werner at Chelsea pretty anonymous.

I wonder if its just another pacey player who has been found out in the PL because he lacks in other areas or whether he has been played badly?

He had a Scott Hogan burst of form in RBL system. Has been found out for Chelsea and Germany since he hasnt made much impact in tournaments

• Like 1