Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I know it's not going to happen, but who would have thought that we would already have signed one of these two twelve months ago? They have been mates for a few years too, never say never..;) 

Philippe Coutinho: Liverpool midfielder on 'down to earth' Neymar - BBC  Sport

6 minutes ago, John said:

I know it's not going to happen, but who would have thought that we would already have signed one of these two twelve months ago? They have been mates for a few years too, never say never..;) 

Philippe Coutinho: Liverpool midfielder on 'down to earth' Neymar - BBC  Sport

Neymar would be near the top of the list of players I would never want Villa to sign. He would be ahead of Robbie Savage and Troy Deeney

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I wonder how much per week Neymar Jnr is on?

To be honest I'm not sure he'd be that good in the PL, think he'd prefer Spain or Italy.

Can anyone afford him there?

It's about 600k a week. Unless he took a massive pay cut, or PSG subsidised his wages, there are not to many clubs who can afford him. 

26 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It's about 600k a week. Unless he took a massive pay cut, or PSG subsidised his wages, there are not to many clubs who can afford him. 

You can say that again…

25 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Oh…

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Neymar would be near the top of the list of players I would never want Villa to sign. He would be ahead of Robbie Savage and Troy Deeney

He's a long way behind those two for me, but I know where you're coming from (but, if he was one of ours:)). 

image.jpeg.c8704ffb3fa6695e23e31dd9d0a550b8.jpeg image.jpeg.fc82db8191df55d0706785d941e1f7af.jpegNeymar Diving Skills Takes Over His Goal Scoring Against Mexico! These Five  On-Field Cheating Videos of Footballers Prove They Are Best Actors | ⚽  LatestLY

Edited by John

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

for the money he would cost and his 'alleged' talent a top 8 finish would be the minimum expectation

He may not have hit the heights he should’ve, and he may be a dick, but you surely can’t question that the bloke is talented? 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He may not have hit the heights he should’ve, and he may be a dick, but you surely can’t question that the bloke is talented? 

I dont think he was ever as good as he was made out. Except a season or 2 at Barcelona he hasnt really showed it for me to be near the top tier

The scheduled injuries and suspensions in February/March really is pathetic

I will preface this by saying we aren't signing him.

Signing Neymar would both be genius and utterly stupid.

Genius - One of the highest profile players in the world and is excellent when fit.

Stupid - Large fee, gargantuan wages, no resale value.

Basically the upside is reputational boost and ability and the downside is short term financial.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

I’m surprised no one has gone in for Dan Zagadou, as just left dortmund on a free transfer, from when I’ve seen him play he is a decent centre back 

injuries are an issue, think that's why they let him walk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I will preface this by saying we aren't signing him.

Signing Neymar would both be genius and utterly stupid.

Genius - One of the highest profile players in the world and is excellent when fit.

Stupid - Large fee, gargantuan wages, no resale value.

Basically the upside is reputational boost and ability and the downside is short term financial.

I would also add - and bothered to the end of that.

• Like 1