Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Don't forget we have some of the best young players around. We're not going to keep buying players which will block their progress. 

I mean *I* hope that's true, but I'm not completely confident.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Who knows what further activity’s going to take place? Obviously we’d all welcome more signings, plenty of time to go yet.

But, meanwhile, I’m happy to just look forward to seeing the players we already have genuinely shine for us. Especially these pair:

We really haven’t seen the best out of our current crop, there’s much more/better to come from most of them… that gives me hope at least…

This is what I want to see. Preferably both on the pitch at the same time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

This is what I want to see. Preferably both on the pitch at the same time.

Absolutely, a must for me.

A solid midfield behind them and we will be a joy to watch. Expect goals and assists galore…

33 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Who knows what further activity’s going to take place? Obviously we’d all welcome more signings, plenty of time to go yet.

But, meanwhile, I’m happy to just look forward to seeing the players we already have genuinely shine for us. Especially these pair:

We really haven’t seen the best out of our current crop, there’s much more/better to come from most of them… that gives me hope at least…

i really.....really......reeeaaallly hope we play Coutinho and Buendia together, especially if we get better players around them.

They are both absolute ballers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

Have to play them or blend them in that's a start.

Unless they are truly exceptional something that is very rare they need to prove it on loan.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

This is where I’m at. There’s so much potential in our current team, we’ve not seen the best of them at all yet. Buendia, Coutinho and Bailey all fit and on form is a scary prospect. A solid preseason with Gerrard plus the added defensive stability from Kamara and Carlos, should see us good enough for a top half and beyond. 

Absolutely, for various well documented and debated reasons we had a very average season just passed. None of our players, not even Martinez had a sparkling season. With the additions we’ve made already and all the existing players playing nearer to their potential, we could be a very good side indeed and surprise many, including ourselves. 

I’m not saying the job is done or that we’re done in the window yet, but there are plenty of reasons to be hugely optimistic for the future. 

• Like 4

For me, the adjustments need to be in central midfield for now, and I'm sure with the departure of Sanson, Trez and El Ghazi that will give us a bit of leeway to manoeuvre. It's where we need to be more proactive and the signing of Kamara coupled with the emergence/breakthrough of Jacob Ramsey is a big step in the right direction. Pretty sure those in charge of transfers are well placed, experienced and have a solid idea of what we need and I for one am looking forward to seeing who else comes in, my gut feeling says there'll be one or two more signings to address this, and they'll be players we haven't even been linked with yet in the press (the same press that rewrite their own headlines just to tell us we're linked with ryan kent/insert other previously linked player here. Boring.). 

I'm not going to pretend to be a connoisseur of the European game so will carry on reading the endless speculation.

• Like 3

I don't think central midfield is as big a problem as people are making out.  The main issue was teams finding it too easy to get at our defence and, hopefully, we've addressed that with Kamara.

For me, we need to find a way to make our attacking more effective.  Can we play both Coutinho and Buendia?  Do we play Kamara and one other in a holding role with the third central midfielder pushing forward?  Do we utilise the wide forwards we have at all or will all our width come from Cash and Digne?

I’m very worried that we’re not going to sign another CM. I feel like we’re 1 injury to kamara away from being poor again. Oh well at least we are re signing Ashley young 🙄

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I don't think central midfield is as big a problem as people are making out.  The main issue was teams finding it too easy to get at our defence and, hopefully, we've addressed that with Kamara.

In theory this is right, however it has to be said that kamara is still a boy and he's playing in a new league. He will have to be given time. 

To think he will sort out the midfield by himself is a little unfair.