Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

RLC is a proper player.  Peforms the exact same way as JJ though. Drives forward with the football. Always loved his style . If he is around 20 mill and the medical shows his knee is perfect now then its brilliant busness .  Gets some height in our midfield . And it will be really exciting watching him. 100 % all the way in for this . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

RLC, CHO to me are the same as Joe Gomez, good player in there somewhere but they've had a history of injuries and not playing because they're 5th choice at their top 6 club, earning good money and due to FFP no way will there be value for money there

We wont catch these teams by throwing money at their cast offs, we shouldn't be anywhere near them 

No, but we might catch Leicester or West Ham though.

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

RLC is a proper player.  Peforms the exact same way as JJ though. Drives forward with the football. Always loved his style . If he is around 20 mill and the medical shows his knee is perfect now then its brilliant busness .  Gets some height in our midfield . And it will be really exciting watching him. 100 % all the way in for this . 

It was his Achilles I believe 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

why would we assume it's RLC rather than gallagher?

assuming this guy isn't talking out of his rear of course

The guy is obviously talking out his ass. 700 followers. Reliable 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

You can say that again. 

Looks to me like Chelsea did with him,  exactly what we should have done with Sanson if we wanted to get rid of him. Give them enough game time to look reliable,  and then laugh all the way to the bank. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

RLC, CHO to me are the same as Joe Gomez, good player in there somewhere but they've had a history of injuries and not playing because they're 5th choice at their top 6 club, earning good money and due to FFP no way will there be value for money there

We wont catch these teams by throwing money at their cast offs, we shouldn't be anywhere near them 

RLC started more than 50% of the games last season for Chelsea. 

Hardly a cast off. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And now they'll try and sell him because they rate Gallagher higher 

We shouldnt be in for RLC at £25-30m we should be testing their resolve over Gallagher with £45-50m

Maybe we have . And they have said piss off, we are keeping Conor but What about Reuben ? 

So many transfers happen this way. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Doesn't look too bad...

image.png.28486ab54bd231e7451fa1a3610bcce2.png

He's missed on average 14 games per year since 2017, even if you exclude his biggest injury, it's still roughly 10 games per season he misses.

The best data I could find was a study on the A-League which suggests the average games missed per season due to injury is somewhere between 2-5 matches, so I'd say he's pretty injury prone.

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

He's missed on average 14 games per year since 2017, even if you exclude his biggest injury, it's still roughly 10 games per season he misses.

The best data I could find was a study on the A-League which suggests the average games missed per season due to injury is somewhere between 2-5 matches, so I'd say he's pretty injury prone.

I admire your commitment! Injury prone he is then.

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. Just feels like he injury prone because of the nasty one in 18:19.

To be fair, an Achilles injury is only one injury, but it's a significant one. Athletes are rarely the same afterward.