Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He did? 

didn’t even notice. For a squad who finished 3rd in the Prem, Chelsea didn’t have too many players stand out. 

not sure if that’s good or bad 

Yep 24 in the league and rest cups including 8 in champs leagues. A lot of them off the bench sure but still shows a top coach like Tuchel had faith in him. 

TBH I think that Twitter guy a wind up anyway and we’re not in for either player. But both would improve us.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's a simplification 

A guy who was 5th or 6th choice CM for Chelsea isn't automatically 1st choice for us

Ross Barkley got games for Chelsea last year, do you want him back? 

Tbf mate over 13k minutes and appearing in 40 games is a bit more than 5th or 6th choice. 

Barkley in comparison played 452 minutes.  

The former was for the team, the latter was to try and get rid of him.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep 24 in the league and rest cups including 8 in champs leagues. A lot of them off the bench sure but still shows a top coach like Tuchel had faith in him. 

TBH I think that Twitter guy a wind up anyway and we’re not in for either player. But both would improve us.

Oh it’s a full on wind up, but good use of a fun fact. 3 Chelsea midfielders getting relegated in 3 teams in the same season 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think RLC would improve us

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Oh it’s a full on wind up, but good use of a fun fact. 3 Chelsea midfielders getting relegated in 3 teams in the same season 

Who was the third with an English cap?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Loftus-Cheek is a good player who probably doesn't fit Chelsea that well. He's a true CM, not defensively disciplined or minded enough to be a DM, not enough of a forward to be an AM, but does everything fairly well. Which also is why he gets shuffled around as a versatility player. I think he's basically played every position bar GK for Chelsea at some time. It's only last year he's played any serious number of games for them in CM, as the first choice figures for them got injured, and he was decent but evidently not what Tuchel wanted.

Unfortunately he's stupidly injury prone. He misses too many games to be relied on. If he didn't get be a good shout for us as a versatility player who is just that step below the elite level. But as it is, you'd be bringing him in knowing he's going to miss 10 games. Which for how much he's going to be paid and how much we'd probably expect from a player of his ability is too much.

So probably not one for us. Thankfully he's clearly either going out on loan to Fulham or the like, or someone like Newcastle will come in for him as a squad bolster.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's a simplification 

A guy who was 5th or 6th choice CM for Chelsea isn't automatically 1st choice for us

Ross Barkley got games for Chelsea last year, do you want him back? 

Only Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante played more mins in midfield than RLC last season.

• Like 1

His issue is consistency,  which is where Gerrard might pull back as thats the biggest issue we have in the team as a whole. 

But the upside to him is certainly interesting. Maybe Gerrard thinks he can unlock that potential . He has everything you could ever want in a midfielder. Pace power skill strength. Up to Gerrard ( if the link is indeed true ) to decide if he wants to take the chance. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tbf mate over 13k minutes and appearing in 40 games is a bit more than 5th or 6th choice. 

Barkley in comparison played 452 minutes.  

The former was for the team, the latter was to try and get rid of him.

Kante, jorghino, kovacic, Mount, havertz, RLC, Barkley, saul

I'd lazily guess in a midfield 3 only Barkley and Saul played less than him 

Edit - and now they have Gallagher who will play more than him

Edited by villa4europe

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

His issue is consistency,  which is where Gerrard might pull back as thats the biggest issue we have in the team as a whole. 

But the upside to him is certainly interesting. Maybe Gerrard thinks he can unlock that potential . He has everything you could ever want in a midfielder. Pace power skill strength. Up to Gerrard ( if the link is indeed true ) to decide if he wants to take the chance. 

It’s a rubbish link, no way will Villa be interested in another Barkley type player who it is debatable whether he’d get into our team.  Our transfers to date show we are looking for quality upgrades and not side steps moves at best plus a dodgy injury history.  Just a rubbish link!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Havertz is a striker these days so I’ll put him 4th 🙃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Havertz and Mount are attacking midfielders.  Kante, Jorghino, Kovacic, RLC, Barkley, Saul

Just now, nick76 said:

It’s a rubbish link, no way will Villa be interested in another Barkley type player who it is debatable whether he’d get into our team.  Our transfers to date show we are looking for quality upgrades and not side steps moves at best plus a dodgy injury history.  Just a rubbish link!

I would call it interesting not rubbish to be fair.  His profile is far more what we need than Otavio for instance.