Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

FWIW I don't think RLC is a bad player I just don't think he's an automatic 38 game starter because he's so much better than what we have, I'd put him on par with mcginn, slightly better than Luiz, more developed / experienced than JJ but JJ has a much higher ceiling 

I think he comes and fights for a place 

And I think we need a level above that in terms of quality 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

FTFY

Went went for Gallagher and come away with RLC for £25m? 

I'd hope we're better than that

All depends on what we are looking for. If you wanted to get a number 8 to compete with JJ then i cannot see a problem with RLC . He is a very good footballer who is just 26 who played the majority of games in the prem last season for the 3rd placed team.   

It would give Ramsey time to grow and not be blocked from 1st team action if he was playing in the same position. 

Edited by MWARLEY2

I like RLC when he is properly fit.

If I were in charge I would have to be certain there is nothing wrong with him physically.

Still doesn’t solve the need for another defensively minded midfielder 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Will have to start questioning the scouting network if the best we can come up with is RLC.

On this occasion no.  We have been screaming out for strength, defensive capability and height in midfield. Remember Gerrards outburst after being bullied by West Spam. RLC and Kamara totally change the profile .

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Will have to start questioning the scouting network if the best we can come up with is RLC.

We finished 14th mate, some fans need a reality check. If we could get RLC for £25m I actually think that would be decent business in todays market. He will add a bit of steal into the midfield and he had a decent season for Chelsea last year. If he stays injury free he could be a steal. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

FWIW I don't think RLC is a bad player I just don't think he's an automatic 38 game starter because he's so much better than what we have, I'd put him on par with mcginn, slightly better than Luiz, more developed / experienced than JJ but JJ has a much higher ceiling 

I think he comes and fights for a place 

And I think we need a level above that in terms of quality 

You reckon McGinn would play in 40 games for Chelsea ? Genuine question?

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I like RLC when he is properly fit.

If I were in charge I would have to be certain there is nothing wrong with him physically.

Still doesn’t solve the need for another defensively minded midfielder 

To be fair Mings had injury issues when we signed him. He’s hardly missed a game since signing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

RLC featured in 40 games last season. That’s why I asked.  However in terms of minutes it was 24 games worth. Still not bad.

Back up players for the team that finished 3rd are not good enough for the 14th placed team mate.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Do you think he is average ? 

Yep

Even when I watched him for Chelsea I just don’t see enough from him to be a worthwhile investment for us.

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

RLC featured in 40 games last season. That’s why I asked.  However in terms of minutes it was 24 games worth. Still not bad.

He did? 

didn’t even notice. For a squad who finished 3rd in the Prem, Chelsea didn’t have too many players stand out. 

not sure if that’s good or bad 

Just now, duke313 said:

Back up players for the team that finished 3rd are not good enough for the 14th placed team mate.

That's a simplification 

A guy who was 5th or 6th choice CM for Chelsea isn't automatically 1st choice for us

Ross Barkley got games for Chelsea last year, do you want him back? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He did? 

didn’t even notice. For a squad who finished 3rd in the Prem, Chelsea didn’t have too many players stand out. 

not sure if that’s good or bad 

Sky were too busy fawning over Man City and Liverpool.

34 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Maybe we have . And they have said piss off, we are keeping Conor but What about Reuben ? 

So many transfers happen this way. 

and we say “no thanks”

• Like 1