Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

On 31/05/2022 at 22:34, PieFacE said:

Think we need to sell some players before more incomings.

We have 4 first team goalkeepers ( Kalinic and Steer out on loan I guess)

9 defenders, including Young, but not Chrisene and Hayden. (This is ok)

12 midfielders, plus Carney, Tim, JPB, Azaz and Aaron Ramsey. 
4 strikers, plus Wesley on loan.

Purslow said selling players are the difficult job. I doubt we can sell Davis, Trez, El Gahzi and Sanson for more than 20m. Carney 5m and House 3m? If we bring in more money than that we have to sell first 11 players (Ings, Louiz, McGinn)

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Top teams seem to be really going for it this Summer. The likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs are probably going to be well ahead of us again next year.

Be interesting to see how Leeds spend the £100m coming their way. I wonder if they want Ings and Bailey?

They’ve spent half of it already. 

The gap between the top 7 and the rest of the league is becoming untenable now with chelsea,spurs and arsenal Strengthening , Man city and Liverpool will have shot off into the stratosphere with there acquisitions and the likes of newcastle and leeds are signing some decent players.I think we will struggle for a top 10 finish.

2 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

The gap between the top 7 and the rest of the league is becoming untenable now with chelsea,spurs and arsenal Strengthening , Man city and Liverpool will have shot off into the stratosphere with there acquisitions and the likes of newcastle and leeds are signing some decent players.I think we will struggle for a top 10 finish.

Nothing between us and West Ham or Newcastle. Top 6 yeah but not Top 7

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t find the link to this. Be careful with that Faithful account. Bloke running it posts a load of nonsense. 

Had to block them after the rubbish they posted suggesting Martinez wanted to leave by presenting an out of cotext mistranslation from an interview he did when playing for Argentina.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I wouldn't sell Sanson for less than £12m. He's good enough to start for us.

Who'd sign him for that amount though?

That's the problem really. People don't think clubs will spend 20m on Luiz when he's been a regular starter for us for three seasons and get 10 Brazil caps in that time yet Sanson's made about 5 starts in 18 months yet only lost a few million in value.

Best bet is to loan him out and hope he does well enough someone will come in for him in 12 months I think.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Who'd sign him for that amount though?

That's the problem really. People don't think clubs will spend 20m on Luiz when he's been a regular starter for us for three seasons and get 10 Brazil caps in that time yet Sanson's made about 5 starts in 18 months yet only lost a few million in value.

Best bet is to loan him out and hope he does well enough someone will come in for him in 12 months I think.

No one, so we keep him. Hopefully play him as well. Losing a player of that quality for "nothing" is pointless.

Guilbert has just come off two season out on loan as one of the best full backs in France and nothing is happening with him.

No clubs have any serious money to spend besides PL and the elite.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Impact of Covid is over for them. Plus Spurs have a right good chance to buy a top quality squad with an elite manager and CL football. 

For Spurs it's now or never to actually win something. Next summer Kane will have 12 months left so they'll have to sell him if he's still refusing a new contract. Son will be 31 I think so may lose some of his speed. It's probably a bit like Liverpool a decade back when Gerrard and Torres started to decline and they went from top 4 regulars to 6th or 7th.

I do think if we can sign well and keep our best players (which isn't easy as we know) we could be in Leicester type position in next 18 months but loads of things have to go right and we have to be ready for some of the top 6 to drop off.

First though we need to do a radical thing like finish in the top half of the premier league for first time since 2011 and that's not a given based on last two seasons when we should've but had mediocre runs at key times.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No one, so we keep him. Hopefully play him as well. Losing a player of that quality for "nothing" is pointless.

Guilbert has just come off two season out on loan as one of the best full backs in France and nothing is happening with him.

No clubs have any serious money to spend besides PL and the elite.

Just seems a waste for his career. Perhaps he'll get some more minutes first off the bench next season if Luiz goes but we'll surely sign someone to replace him. And if Carney remains he's going to need more minutes than this season.

In the first four months Gerrard only started him in two games when McGinn was out so that's pretty telling, he only considers Sanson a back up for McGinn who may himself start being on the bench more.

The harsh call was him being completely written off after starting at Wolves when arguably he was our best midfielder on the day.

Just going to be one of those what if Villa careers I suspect.

Edited by VillaChris

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

I used to like MOMS podcast generally, but his English sidekick does nothing but interrupt him all the time, it's really distracting.

They've been around for a very long time, more than most ( Before Podcasting ) if not all to be fair, so respect to them

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

French clubs are still broke though the TV deal crashed and its why Lyon and Marseille are selling for cheap. Italian league also broke same in Spain 

Only buyer of any value will be an English team who wont sign a player that has "failed"in England 

Rennes I presume will get cut of Raphinha fee when he moves. I'd certainly be offering Gulibert to them.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just seems a waste for his career. Perhaps he'll get some more minutes first off the bench next season if Luiz goes but we'll surely sign someone to replace him. And if Carney remains he's going to need more minutes than this season.

In the first four months Gerrard only started him in two games when McGinn was out so that's pretty telling, he only considers Sanson a back up for McGinn who may himself start being on the bench more.

The harsh call was him being completely written off after starting at Wolves when arguably he was our best midfielder on the day.

Just going to be one of those what if Villa careers I suspect.

It would, which would be a real shame.

Gerrard made plenty of errors with team selection, tactics, subs last season. Basically everything except press conferences. I'm hoping he's assessed and improved over the summer.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2