Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, sne said:

I'd happily play the "double pivot" with Luiz alongside Kamara or with a new CM. Don't think that we will thou.

Might still sign another CM thou.

But the links to Collins comes from somewhere and I'd much rather have Saliba than him. 

Saliba will be starting next season for Arsenal according to the reports

4 minutes ago, sne said:

I'd happily play the "double pivot" with Luiz alongside Kamara or with a new CM. Don't think that we will thou.

Might still sign another CM thou.

But the links to Collins comes from somewhere and I'd much rather have Saliba than him. 

Not sure I'm taken by his mucky video accusations.....Character, is so,so important.

30 minutes ago, John said:

Scott Twine has signed for Burnley for an undisclosed fee today. He had looked a very good midfield prospect at MK Dons, I wonder whether we considered giving this 22-year old a place on our bench next season?

He was stringing them along though, John😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Otávio's stats as an attacking presence, for a winger, are relatively poor. He doesn't carry the ball, he doesn't get many assists and he doesn't get many goals.

Edit: to be fair, he got 11 Assists last season so perhaps a bit harsh here. But he doesn't set the world alight is fair.

What he does appear to do well (from stats alone) is Press, tackle, block and win headers (despite his size) better than nearly any winger or attacking midfielder. He plays a lot of passes, with an OK completion and they are vastly progressive passes, amongst the best in his position.

He's effectively Buendia without the insane Assist and Goal creation stats in the championship. People have talked about Buendia playing central and it hasn't quite worked. This guy already plays less attacking than Buendia, already has the stats we're desperate for and may actually just suit Gerrards mental system.

Not to mention he's highly rated as **** and at 27 would add experience to our midfield but also have the coveted sell on value. This may make very good sense

Coutinho.                     Buendia

Ramsey.        Otávio

Kamara

Might just work, we'd have genuine options with McGinn, Iroegbunam and whoever stays from Carney, Sanson and Luiz too.

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Yeah I don't want to be signing anyone who will lead to buendia getting less game time

Otavio would be signed for one of the 8 positions. He could play as one of the 10s too if needed. Same way McGinn could for example.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Otávio's stats as an attacking presence, for a winger, are relatively poor. He doesn't carry the ball, he doesn't get many assists and he doesn't get many goals.

Edit: to be fair, he got 11 Assists last season so perhaps a bit harsh here. But he doesn't set the world alight is fair.

What he does appear to do well (from stats alone) is Press, tackle, block and win headers (despite his size) better than nearly any winger or attacking midfielder. He plays a lot of passes, with an OK completion and they are vastly progressive passes, amongst the best in his position.

He's effectively Buendia without the insane Assist and Goal creation stats in the championship. People have talked about Buendia playing central and it hasn't quite worked. This guy already plays less attacking than Buendia, already has the stats we're desperate for and may actually just suit Gerrards mental system.

Not to mention he's highly rated as **** and at 27 would add experience to our midfield but also have the coveted sell on value. This may make very good sense

Coutinho.                     Buendia

Ramsey.        Otávio

Kamara

Might just work, we'd have genuine options with McGinn, Iroegbunam and whoever stays from Carney, Sanson and Luiz too.

IF you are using FBref then it's from only European games as Portugal isn't one of top 5 leagues. Hence tiny sample and toughest games

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Saliba will be starting next season for Arsenal according to the reports

He's good enough. Remains to be seen how he feels about Arsenal, he's been very step-motherly treated by them.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know nothing of Otavio but he’s meant to be a good player that would be available for 34m. Apparently we offered 25m and it got rejected. 

Probably all bollocks.

Lange loves his £25m bids

£25m for JWP
£25m for Smith-Rowe
£25m for Otavio

• Like 2