Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

49 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Lukaku is still an excellent centre forward, he hasn’t become a bad player overnight, form is temporary, class is permanent 

Question though is whether he’s an excellent centre forward in the PL or whether the style doesn’t fit him and he’s better suited to leagues like the Italian league.  His spells at Man U and Chelsea suggests he’s not quite right for our league.  There are always reasons that could be given for that but it’s just not clicking.  Sometimes it’s just like that, it doesn’t mean he’s not an excellent centre forward just not in the PL.

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think it was Matt Maher who’s very reliable mentioned the fact we may sign a forward, and didn’t highlight it as a priority. He’s also said we’ve no intention of selling Ings.  And personally I just think between Ollie Ings and now archer Gerrard will be content with those options. Centre mid and left back cover are more important imo

Didn’t Percy also mention we are interested in a forward position.  So a couple of credible journos say we are interested suggests we are.  Priority was always a DM but now that’s done it may now be priority.

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Nathan Collins linked. Would be a great signing 

Extremely hard working centre back. When he eft Ireland as a young fella it was with a glowing work ethic.

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 1

If Fulham sign Palhinha for €18m I will be seriously annoyed. At that price we should be all over it, pair him with Kamara in midfield with Ramsey/McGinn just ahead of them.

After a great start to the window it just seems nothing is really happening at Villa despite still needing reinforcements, all a bit depressing.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Question though is whether he’s an excellent centre forward in the PL or whether the style doesn’t fit him and he’s better suited to leagues like the Italian league.  His spells at Man U and Chelsea suggests he’s not quite right for our league.  There are always reasons that could be given for that but it’s just not clicking.  Sometimes it’s just like that, it doesn’t mean he’s not an excellent centre forward just not in the PL.

He looks pretty good playing against Aston Villa! 

I said before but NWSE should through £120m and whatever wages he wants at him, plus “the project” story of course. The man would score about 50 goals a season playing all his home games at Villa Park. He bloody loves the place! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If Fulham sign Palhinha for €18m I will be seriously annoyed. At that price we should be all over it, pair him with Kamara in midfield with Ramsey/McGinn just ahead of them.

After a great start to the window it just seems nothing is really happening at Villa despite still needing reinforcements, all a bit depressing.

To say it’s a bit depressing sounds a little bit spoilt if you ask me.

32 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Didn’t Percy also mention we are interested in a forward position.  So a couple of credible journos say we are interested suggests we are.  Priority was always a DM but now that’s done it may now be priority.

I’m not sure if he has to be honest, not that I’ve seen anyway 

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

2 of them were with us already.

It’s not depressing of course. Completely boring but not depressing.

One of those was Philippe Coutinho to be fair, hardly dull or a forgone conclusion. And we’ve filled two areas of relatively desperate need with potential quality. We’ve only really got one absolute must have to go, in my opinion. Everything else is gravy from there. 

Signing 7/8 players of the quality we need to push on every summer isn’t sustainable.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Never heard of him…. £18m and Fulham, doesn’t make me think he is what we need. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

One of those was Philippe Coutinho to be fair, hardly dull or a forgone conclusion. And we’ve filled two areas of relatively desperate need with potential quality. We’ve only really got one absolute must have to go, in my opinion. Everything else is gravy from there. 

Signing 7/8 players of the quality we need to push on every summer isn’t sustainable.

What position is your must have? Another mf for me.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Only 2 current Premier League players have more than Lukaku in the Premier League and thats Kane and Vardy

He is 19th in history 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I see what you’re saying nick76 and I am agreeing with you to an extent. He hasn’t become a bad player overnight, he looks knackered to me, it’s understandable, he’s been playing regular first team football since he was 16 years old, it’s bound to take it’s toll on his body and consequently his performances on the pitch. I remember fondly his performances when he was on loan at WBA and Everton from Chelsea, he was outstanding, he has proven he can perform in this league in the past in my opinion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Jèsus is awful. Couldn't score in that city team and offers very little. If they pay more than £20m for him they've been had. 

I wish we had somebody with that lack of production on our team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe we are waiting to see what Chelsea want to do with Gallagher. We are in no rush to bring in more players, especially when the manager is on holiday. I would imagine this will be quiet for another week or so, then we’ll see some movement in terms of inbound players.

Priority for now has to be shipping some out if they’re not going to player for us under Gerrard.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

To say it’s a bit depressing sounds a little bit spoilt if you ask me.

Depressing was the wrong word, but it's definitely quiet/flat/boring. Just no tangible links to anyone at all since we signed Carlos, I hope they don't make the mistake they made last summer of thinking what we have is enough. 

From what I've read Palhinha is an old fashioned all out defensively minded DM, almost like having another defender that sits in front of the back four, Wolves linked to him as well as a replacement for Neves, but he and Neves are seemingly different kind of players although they both play the No.6 role. From the descriptions he doesn't sound what we need.

• Haha 1