Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

All his tweets are vague version of existing rumours…  it’s not exactly new news. 

if he gets it wrong, he don’t talk about it. If he gets it right he has boast. Standard ITK nonsense 

Probably because it’s thankless, he may know of lots of players under consideration but not all will come off and then you get pelters. Twitter really is cesspit of abuse and smart arses. If I had privilege I would share in exactly the same way, he doesnt court followers or congratulations, he plays it down. He only had about 300 followers until recently but he hasn’t changed his output, frequency or style at all.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The bits in bold are either misinformation or assumption. We don’t know the details of the allegation or what evidence the police are possession of so why speculate. 

To be clear though being released under investigation absolutely does not mean “there is nothing on him”. I have no more idea than anyone else re this particular case but I don’t know why people post with such certainty about matters they are pretty clueless about ie legal procedures.

You may find if you look it up that being removed from bail conditions means that they have nothing on him. So many people post comments with the caveat they do not know and then make stuff up that they are clearly misinformed on

On Jesus that TalkingTactics made a point recently that if real elite clubs in Europe arent interested (Juve, Madrid, Munich) then most players are coming to Prem now and giving up CL to do so. Down to the pure financial mismatch now between PL and other leagues across Europe. 

So it looks like he's moving and I'd suggest he wont move to one the really top European sides so it makes sense that Arsenal, us and Newcastle will be his main options. 

So I'd say we are in with a shout. 

Very good player with a great work rate, great ability and won plenty in a crazy good city side (gerrard talked alot about wanting to sign winners). His decision making is pretty pants at times though, so he'll be able to compare notes with Watkins on that front. Would give us plenty of options though as he's played a lot wide and centrally. Pep played him loads in big European games so he's obviously spot on tactically as Gareth would say. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Probably because it’s thankless, he may know of lots of players under consideration but not all will come off and then you get pelters. Twitter really is cesspit of abuse and smart arses. If I had privilege I would share in exactly the same way, he doesnt court followers or congratulations, he plays it down. He only had about 300 followers until recently but he hasn’t changed his output, frequency or style at all.

He had a bleeding boast about gaining followers…. Jeeze 

why do you believe this ITK more than any of the others? what so special about him? 

39 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Me too. We have two attacking 8's in JJ and SJM and a third if you count Chuckie but it would be good to be able to field a strong double pivot/two sitters in a number of games. Dougie could possibly do that if he stays but it would be great to have a more physical presence. Maybe Sanson could also fulfill this role but it looks like he is off?

Sangare or Bissouma        Kamara.                           with Dougie/Sanson as cover rotation (I would probably sell Nakamba)

JJ/SJM

Would be a really strong - defo top half - PL midfield and be a great base for Phillips and/or EMI to work from.

Yeah either Luiz or Sanson could play there but like you I just kind of wrote them off given the murmurs about them. I think Sanson actually played in a pivot with Kamara at Marseille so the option would be there for sure.

Jesus to Arsenal seems a no-brainer to me. They've gotten their act together quite a bit in the last year or so and think he'd fill one of the few holes in their starting XI in order to push harder for CL qualification. 

Let's look at this logically. Gabriel Jesus has won trophies at Man City and has played for the Champions League. Now he's looking to leave because his place in the team is unsettled with Haaland coming in. He had long been connected to Arsenal until Arsenal missed out on the top four.

He's been connected to Real Madrid, etc.

And we're supposed to believe he's going to choose Aston Villa to compete for a spot in the Europa League? I know we're desperate for something tangible but let's try to use our brains, lads. 😂

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

You may find if you look it up that being removed from bail conditions means that they have nothing on him. So many people post comments with the caveat they do not know and then make stuff up that they are clearly misinformed on

I don’t need to look it up, I know all about it. You are wrong.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Let's look at this logically. Gabriel Jesus has won trophies at Man City and has played for the Champions League. Now he's looking to leave because his place in the team is unsettled with Haaland coming in. He had long been connected to Arsenal until Arsenal missed out on the top four.

He's been connected to Real Madrid, etc.

And we're supposed to believe he's going to choose Aston Villa to compete for a spot in the Europa League? I know we're desperate for something tangible but let's try to use our brains, lads. 😂

You haven't taken into consideration the obligatory 'Don Stevie' house call where he makes the player 'an offer he can't refuse'. . 

Edited by Made In Aston

38 minutes ago, villaglint said:

On Jesus that TalkingTactics made a point recently that if real elite clubs in Europe arent interested (Juve, Madrid, Munich) then most players are coming to Prem now and giving up CL to do so. Down to the pure financial mismatch now between PL and other leagues across Europe. 

So it looks like he's moving and I'd suggest he wont move to one the really top European sides so it makes sense that Arsenal, us and Newcastle will be his main options. 

So I'd say we are in with a shout. 

Very good player with a great work rate, great ability and won plenty in a crazy good city side (gerrard talked alot about wanting to sign winners). His decision making is pretty pants at times though, so he'll be able to compare notes with Watkins on that front. Would give us plenty of options though as he's played a lot wide and centrally. Pep played him loads in big European games so he's obviously spot on tactically as Gareth would say. 

It also means that potentially all the financial might in the world isn't going to guarantee trophies if all the best players gravitate to the PL. I suspect it'll get harder and harder for City to keep ahead as more of the world's best players start to fill up the available spaces in the other PL teams.

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

It also means that potentially all the financial might in the world isn't going to guarantee trophies if all the best players gravitate to the PL. I suspect it'll get harder and harder for City to keep ahead as more of the world's best players start to fill up the available spaces in the other PL teams.

Here’s hoping 🤞. But while they are signing the likes of Haaland for £70m and others are signing the next tier down for £50m there will still be a gap for a little while I think. 

• Like 1