Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

**** it. Let's sign Sangare and Madueke.

Sign those two and Gomez or Hickey or Bassey and that is our window closed and Lange can focus on selling players for the rest of the summer and VT will go mad having 2 months with no transfers or football. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Sign those two and Gomez or Hickey or Bassey and that is our window closed and Lange can focus on selling players for the rest of the summer and VT will go mad having 2 months with no transfers or football. 

I'd still look to sell Ings and replace with a Broja or Dennis.

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the journalists that get all their stories here pick up on this more now.

It looks like he has half a right arm and three-quarters of a left arm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Has a 30 mill euro release clause and Chelsea, Manure interest apparently.

If they are in for him were going to struggle.

In some ways, we're a better option to Man Utd!

58 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

But is what you have seen the YouTube video or are you regularly watching full games for psv and Ivory Coast? Clearly, playing in the Erdivise is somewhat easier than the PL??

Mostly watched him at Toulouse before he went to PSV. Only watched the odd game for PSV and the Ivory Coast.

Don't watch more than maybe 10 Brighton games a season either so probably a similar amount. Yes the PL is a better league than the Eredivisie and Ligue 1. 

Still rather have Sangare. Fair enough if you don't.

57 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Is Sangare a credible link? I'd usually dismiss it out of hand but our signings this window almost make it seem believable

Don't know really, just saw him mentioned in the thread.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Don't know really, just saw him mentioned in the thread.

That old link I posted means he should have his own thread really. That's as strong a link as you'll get.

Last one I started was Wes though, so won't be doing that again.

• Haha 1

I love the idea of signing a Sangare sort of player to go alongside Kamara in a 4-2-3-1 as I think that in turn gets the best out of Buendia and Coutinho, it also gives a more balanced way of getting both into a starting XI together but I just can't see that being a shape they go for. Especially as it doesn't suit McGinn.

As it stands with the two formations we have been playing I think they're crying out for an 8 who can offer more control in possession and be able to beat a press etc. McGinn and Ramsey have their strengths but their general passing numbers make for rough reading. Kamara is a great start but you don't want to have an over-reliance on him alone to solve it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I love the idea of signing a Sangare sort of player to go alongside Kamara in a 4-2-3-1 as I think that in turn gets the best out of Buendia and Coutinho, it also gives a more balanced way of getting both into a starting XI together but I just can't see that being a shape they go for. Especially as it doesn't suit McGinn.

As it stands with the two formations we have been playing I think they're crying out for an 8 who can offer more control in possession and be able to beat a press etc. McGinn and Ramsey have their strengths but their general passing numbers make for rough reading. Kamara is a great start but you don't want to have an over-reliance on him alone to solve it.

Agree with all of this, would be great to see us to go 4231 as long as we sign someone to go alongside kamara. 

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:
1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Is Sangare a credible link? I'd usually dismiss it out of hand but our signings this window almost make it seem believable

Wasn't sure myself, but this guy is incredibly well informed with PSV. Bit like Joyce for Liverpool, he often publishes things the club wants out. They were probably after a bidding war putting this out.

Looks like you are not the only one who has dismissed it out of hand looking at that photo @YouUnastanFren

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Has a 30 mill euro release clause and Chelsea, Manure interest apparently.

If they are in for him were going to struggle.

Surely they can't buy everyone? Or perhaps, they can if they want to, again now. :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Mostly watched him at Toulouse before he went to PSV. Only watched the odd game for PSV and the Ivory Coast.

Don't watch more than maybe 10 Brighton games a season either so probably a similar amount. Yes the PL is a better league than the Eredivisie and Ligue 1. 

Still rather have Sangare. Fair enough if you don't.

I am not disagreeing with you but just asking why you prefer him.  It does seem like you have watched him and Bissouma a fair bit and certainly more than me so I am genuinely interested in how you compare the two of them and what you see in Sangare, or Bissouma, that makes you prefer the former.

• Like 1