Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

We have I think 31 overage players when we can only register 25

Outgoings need to be a priority before we bring more in

I’d be bringing in 2 full backs and another central midfielder for sure regardless.

Once that was done though, I would be done until at least I knew what was going out the door.

it’s not even just about money which is important but getting rid of players from training that are unhappy, don’t have the mentality or even just not good enough for where we want to go.

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

If Bale had a better injury record he would probably be the best option to bring to play centre forward we could dream of!

If Bale had a better injury record he’d be going to club much higher than us 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

If Bale had a better injury record he’d be going to club much higher than us 

I dont think Bale injury record is the concern really. His motivation is a huge thing

I respect he is the opposite and puts country before club but its a risk

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think the issue is Bale is what happens once the world cup is over as that'd the only reason he's playing on next season. Don't want him if he's just to down tools from December onwards.

Same could be said about Suarez and maybe even Coutinho 

At least Coutinho seems to be enjoying his football and teammates to stay motivated

Edited by Zatman

I think Bale is another one of those " rehabilitation projects " which probably needs a " home " and to feel loved again. 

To help rediscover his love for Football full-time.

A very expensive and risky project though.

57 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think the issue is Bale is what happens once the world cup is over as that'd the only reason he's playing on next season. Don't want him if he's just to down tools from December onwards.

You could always just give him a deal until the end of December if that is all he wants.

5 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Tbf, I’d take Bale. He’s going to be raring to be ultra sharp and fit for Wales in the Winter. 

so he will be trying hard for what ever team he’s with 

Bale out.

There’s this narrative that Bale only turns up for Wales, but the truth is when he returned to Spurs he scored 16 goals in 34 appearances , his average mins per game was 49 mins. The bs he’s been through at Real Madrid is irrelevant. Bloke was bombed out on the back of winning the champions league for them, scoring and assisting more than anybody bar Ronaldo in that period. They treated him with no respect so in turn he’s done the same.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

There’s this narrative that Bale only turns up for Wales, but the truth is when he returned to Spurs he scored 16 goals in 34 appearances , his average mins per game was 49 mins. The bs he’s been through at Real Madrid is irrelevant. Bloke was bombed out on the back of winning the champions league for them, scoring and assisting more than anybody bar Ronaldo in that period. They treated him with no respect so in turn he’s done the same.

He actually played more games the season after he scored in the Champions League final and offered less impact return.

Has been a media myth from the British media that Real Madrid treated him like some piece of garbage and that he should have played weekly but Bale has to take his own blame as well. His goal record at Spurs was impressive but also a reason why he only he played 20 league games that season. He has also played 50 league games in the last 3 seasons he was at Real Madrid

Him and Real have to take equal blame but since every other member of the squad seems to still be playing there then I can only assume he himself has caused some issues. Modric, Benzema, Kroos, Marcelo are all similar ages and was no problem with them being forced out of the squad

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

Why are we talking about Bale?  Not seeing a single link between the Villa and him...

Um, have you not seen the Birmingham Mail links, seems pretty concrete to me…

• Haha 1