Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Quick few mins on Google says:

20yo French Left Back.

2 Goals 3 Assists in 28 apps this season. (21 starts, 7 sub). 1923mins equivalent to 21 full games, so decent for a 20yo.

WhoScored rating of 6.76 doesn't mean loads but that's decent, very slightly above average. Comparable to Ramsey, Luiz (both 6.77), Buendia (6.75) and Mings (6.74).

FbRef: 

spacer.png

WhoScored overview:

- Strengths: Crossing, Holding onto the Ball, Key Passes, Set Pieces, Concentration, Blocks

Weaknesses: Aerial Duels

How would it compare to Guilbert?  I hope we give him another chance this season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

How would it compare to Guilbert?  I hope we give him another chance this season.

Guilbert:

2500 mins (+600), equal to 27.8games (+7)

0 Goals (-2), 4 Assists (+1).

WhoScored Rating of 7.04 (+0.3)

Strengths and weaknesses are tough to compare on WhoScored but says: Guilbert better at crossing and interceptions but worse at Passing, Discipline and concentration.

FbRef side-by-side

Guilbert:

1-F378-DE2-26-F8-4211-B3-E6-5-D9-D807-EE

Merlin:

A084-CE60-1-E1-A-4660-8606-FB95-B0-B1706

Pretty similar to be honest but Merlin has 7 years to get better where as Guilbert is in his prime.

Guilbert probably better in defence according to those FBRef stats, which will be a reason as to why he's at 7.03 on WS - over 7 is a good result, which means Guilbert is going to be a more refined player for right now.

But Merlin maybe slightly more involved in actual play looking at the passing and carry stats. End product seems pretty similar for the two.

Overall, Guilbert is in his prime, a better player. But for 7 years difference, there is a lot of value in Merlin (going purely by the stats)

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Guilbert:

2500 mins (+600), equal to 27.8games (+7)

0 Goals (-2), 4 Assists (+1).

WhoScored Rating of 7.04 (+0.3)

Strengths and weaknesses are tough to compare on WhoScored but says: Guilbert better at crossing and interceptions but worse at Passing, Discipline and concentration.

FbRef side-by-side

Guilbert:

1-F378-DE2-26-F8-4211-B3-E6-5-D9-D807-EE

Merlin:

A084-CE60-1-E1-A-4660-8606-FB95-B0-B1706

Pretty similar to be honest but Merlin has 7 years to get better where as Guilbert is in his prime.

Guilbert probably a touch better in defence but Merlin maybe slightly more involved in actual play. End product seems pretty similar.

But Guilbert is a right back isn't he? I know he can play both sides but rarely did for us

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

But Guilbert is a right back isn't he? I know he can play both sides but rarely did for us

I think they’re just trying to judge his standard by comparing him to a full back we know well that plays in that league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Yeah, think the question came more to see a good comparison of Merlin Vs a fullback we know in that league.

They wouldn't be competing for the same place (unless we threw Merlin in at RB). But let's us compare a player we've never seen to one we have. Same role, just opposite side

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

The FBRef looks good. Passing, progressive fullback who is happy to carry it forward  and must be quite energetic to be that high up for Pressures.

End product seems OK for a young LB with 3 Assists too.

Not a lot to dislike from the stats imo. Anybody seen him?

He was a converted winger from what I read

51 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

I see richarlison and Vinicius came to blows in training the other day

Richarlison couldn't believe that Vinicius is only 21yo. 

52 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

I see richarlison and Vinicius came to blows in training the other day

Richarlison is an absolute window licker and I hope we don't sign him.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

He’s got a wand of a left foot

I Camelot into this thread and i'm never disappointed with the puns.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Nothing impressive in his data unlike that Sergio Gomez

Yeah Sergio Gomez looks a lot more interesting, more expensive too I suspect. Probably worth it thou.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Yeah Sergio Gomez looks a lot more interesting, more expensive too I suspect. Probably worth it thou.

I didn't see transfer fees mentioned for him