Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

59 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Dream signing but as said, surely going to Bayern.

Maybe a home visit from Gerrard, Lange & Purslow is needed … Gerrard is his idol also …

Jokes aside it’s a v.long shot I know but one I could see happening more so than say Phillips. 

On 29/05/2022 at 13:29, Peter Griffin said:

Yeah, its been 3 days without a player announced. I would have expected some movement on the next player by now

Senna pods, is good.

I think we will sign another three or four players, those we've signed thus far a prelude to our main business that will happen when transfer window opens. Think it's gone be a very busy summer and not just in terms of signings, lots going on.

30 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We signed 3 players already and we’re not even in June, just as I’m typing this I’m thinking that you’re being sarcastic, I could be wrong 

you're not wrong.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t we the most active club in the league regarding transfers? I could be wrong but I don’t think I am

Just checked, You're actually correct. We need Bisoumma in and need to get rid of the deadwood before its too late 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, useless said:

I think we will sign another three or four players, those we've signed thus far a prelude to our main business that will happen when transfer window opens. Think it's gone be a very busy summer and not just in terms of signings, lots going on.

This is music to my ears, can see a couple more Coutinho type signings.and a few similar to the Kamara deal.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

So much money is going to be spent this summer….

Chelsea - New owners saying possibly £200 million transfer kitty.

Spurs - Conte promised major funds, £150m cash injection by owners confirmed.

Newcastle obviously.

Man Utd - new manager rebuild.

Man City - big spenders just because they can.

One of the promoted teams will try and spend £100m to stay up.

Liverpool trying to catch Man City.

Everyone else will spend around £50m just to keep up and stand still.

I think prices will go crazy near the end of the transfer window.

If anything, you downplay it. Boggles the mind to think that in the summer of 2015, we spent like £75m or something, right? And that worked out well ...   

42 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Just checked, You're actually correct. We need Bisoumma in and need to get rid of the deadwood before its too late 

5 weeks left until pre-season starts, plenty of time for Bissouma to get here. He might even be able to serve some jail time before the season kicks off.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

A world class striker is an expensive way of getting goals. Spending large parts of the budget on one super striker feels a bit outdated imo, better to have more players contribute. Makes the team less vulnerable too.

Man U was the only top 6 club where the top scorer was a traditional centre forward this season.

You may be right.  I'm all for hiring David Blaine, 1997-era street magic and all, if it will conjure goals. 😉  Maybe Bailey will fulfill his promise without getting injured? Maybe Ollie will, at last, get consistent and clinical? Doesn't really matter to me where the magic comes from, but I'm not persuaded we're there yet. 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think we get at least 1 - 2 more in minimum IMO.

SG did say " We got big pieces of the jigsaw together while people were sleeping ".

So on that front you are correct I think, we won't be panic signing but I highly doubt we are done.

Obviously the problem now will be there likes of Newcastle and others going mental in the market.

Yeah and as I said I think there will be one or two more but it equally wouldn’t surprise me if the right deals don’t come up. I think when Gerrard came in and looked at the squad he would have said he wanted new DM, AM, CB (x2 with Chambers in), LB, a backup goalie etc and he has all of those if the Olsen deal is done.

Obviously every single one of our players could be improved upon so they won’t stop looking and trying, I am just saying that having added 6ish players to the squad already in the last five months it wouldn’t be crazy if they see the bulk of the business done - at least before sone sales.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

More clickbait regarding Konrad Laimer from Leipzig - would be a great signing but cannot see it happening. Think I’d prefer him to Bissouma 

That's the second time his name's popped up in the last 3 weeks though

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

5 weeks left until pre-season starts, plenty of time for Bissouma to get here. He might even be able to serve some jail time before the season kicks off.

Mali have 3 internationals in June though one is in the USA