Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Is there really a factor at all now? This is a question rather than a statement. Surely any prospective player will look at playing style, chances of success with club etc..

It’s always my worry.  I guess it depends on the individual player and how they view Gerrard but more specifically how they view the club.  

I try to think how Lampard will attract players to Everton this summer, will his name and playing career, which is similar to Gerrard’s, attract players to Everton.  It feels it may slightly but doesn’t feel like a big factor.  So with Gerrard in the same position, are we just being too hopeful it is a big factor?  I think it’ll be more influential with ex-colleagues and maybe a few players who were fans as kids but other than that! I guess we’ll see.

Just now, Zatman said:

I agree but we were told that was the benefit of the appointment more than most other reasons. 

Yes we were but I think it's misguided. Anybody with money can assemble a collection of players.

It's the organisation and get the best out of players where I feel we may struggle.

Aston Villa

Win bonuses of a substantial six-figure sum are only paid out if Aston Villa finish in 14th place or higher.

It was decided that staying in the Premier League was not enough to warrant an additional end-of-season payment so a structured system was put in place instead.

The size of the bonus increases the higher Villa finish in the table, and is understood to be reduced accordingly depending on the number of games each individual has featured in.

Villa have not finished in the top half of the Premier League for over a decade so they used the bonus scheme as a further incentive to motivate the players.

Premier League bonuses: Conte’s £2m for top four and 25% wage cut for Man United squad - The Athletic

So I assume the financial hit of losing out on higher in the League won't be significant as each place is worth 2.2m but with a 20+ playing squad I'd say well over half it would go in player bonuses. So it won't impact our finances too much.

Edited by CVByrne

I think this summer our best use of resources will be trying to get all these people out the club and securing whatever fees we can. AEG. Trez. Guilbert. Wesley. Sanson.Kalinic (lol).

I dread to think how much of our budget is being paid to players with effectively no future here.

43 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think this summer our best use of resources will be trying to get all these people out the club and securing whatever fees we can. AEG. Trez. Guilbert. Wesley. Sanson.Kalinic (lol).

I dread to think how much of our budget is being paid to players with effectively no future here.

Not sure if the info on the interwebz is correct, but if its even close to correct:

image.png.a4518b0a48d12e89600cc8ab2117f200.png

£300k + per week in wages.......

£17m + per year.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Not sure if the info on the interwebz is correct, but if its even close to correct:

£17m + per year.

Those numbers are old/wrong as Targett signed a new contract last year and is on 65k+ surely.

It's not as simple as that maths either. We have received loan fees for AEG and Targett. While in total the majority of the wages for players on loan are covered too. 

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

£17m + per year.

I don't know if it is correct but it certain looks believable. 30k is average for a Premier league player these days. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Because we can then include SG's Rangers ppg and it will paint an inaccurate picture.

Also, we had Jack Grealish.

It’s a never ending debate that will go on all summer! Cant wait until the signings start.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a never ending debate that will go on all summer! Cant wait until the signings start.

Try my best to stay out of the thread but can't help myself.

Not a slight on anybody, but just the fact that we actually aren't getting anywhere. lol

I can't wait for the transfer thread to take over.

OR post match thread after a shock battering of Man City....

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

£17m + per year.

How on earth is kalinic still our player?! 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Try my best to stay out of the thread but can't help myself.

Not a slight on anybody, but just the fact that we actually aren't getting anywhere. lol

I can't wait for the transfer thread to take over.

OR post match thread after a shock battering of Man City....

I didn’t post for a month or so and upon return it’s the exact same debates with the exact same people. Goes around around in circles.  

Ultimately we all want the same thing so hopefully the pro Gerrard lot are the ones up being right about him. 

edit: I’ll feel a little sick if we beat city. I hate Liverpool fans with a passion.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I agree but we were told that was the benefit of the appointment more than most other reasons. 

Dude, we just signed Coutinho.

1 minute ago, weedman said:

How on earth is kalinic still our player?! 

Cus nobody wants him?

I saw an article, which i will caveat as possible BS, but, it said that kalinic had refused to move to permanently, or to be loaned to any other team than Hajduk Split (where he is now).

I hope thats not true, cus that would be pretty shocking if so, in terms of having a player dictate to us.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Cus nobody wants him?

I saw an article, which i will caveat as possible BS, but, it said that kalinic had refused to move to permanently, or to be loaned to any other team than Hajduk Split (where he is now).

I hope thats not true, cus that would be pretty shocking if so, in terms of having a player dictate to us.

He has another year left on his contract :D  

Truth is we cant force him to move somewhere else and he wont get a similar contract anywhere else. Its either pay him up or keep sending him to Split.  Our own fault

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's only one match I've seen, however added to the glowing reports from Rangers fans, I've now decided I'll he dissappointed if we don't get him.

LB and LCB covered in one player and potentially the long term successor to Tyrone?

Has all the physical attributes and seems to have a high ceiling.

Sounds a lot like Hause except for the high ceiling part!

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

and won 2 in the last ten games. I want more from a manager if I am honest

What's that got to do with SGs ability to attract talent. I was saying that if you want a debate on SG's effectiveness, demonstrably that's probably not the strongest argument.

As an aside, why are you only looking at form over the last 10 games. Since his appointment we're 8th in the form table. It's been mentioned loads on here. 10 games is an arbitrary number that you've used to try and make a point. Means bugger all. Especially since a majority of teams we played during that run were top 6.

22 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't know if it is correct but it certain looks believable. 30k is average for a Premier league player these days. 

£30k is far below average these days. I swear I read it's about double that now.