Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, sne said:

Nico Schlotterbeck only has 1 year left on his contract. Would be a statement of intent to sign someone like him. Likely end up at Bayern or Dortmund but might as well try.

He is apparently going to Spurs 

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

His price has been going down the last three transfers, from €36m to Inter in 2015 to €22m to Valencia in 2018. Atletico paid just €15m for him 1.5 years ago. Shouldn’t be a high fee, he is 29 now after all.

He has become a bit of a journeyman as well, he has had 5 or 6 big teams but only Valencia he actually stayed for a while

15 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Geoffrey Kondogbia doesn't seem to stay anywhere for very long, maybe there is an issue with his demeanor, anyone with any real scouting knowledge of this guy should speak up or forever hold there tallywacker.

“Tallywacker” word of the week. Made my Easter weekend Phil. 🤣  I’m off to put the kettle on, my tallywacker is as dry as Gandhi’s flip flop. 

P.S. I’ve googled tallywacker, it can be a rope that shepherds use to count sheep but more popularly it’s used for the description of the old kidney wiper. Have I lead a sheltered life, having to Google this? Never mind it’s a subject to discuss with the wife later, anything to move the conversation in the right direction. 😜

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

“Tallywacker” word of the week. Made my Easter weekend Phil. 🤣  I’m off to put the kettle on, my tallywacker is as dry as Gandhi’s flip flop. 

P.S. I’ve googled tallywacker, it can be a rope that shepherds use to count sheep but more popularly it’s used for the description of the old kidney wiper. Have I lead a sheltered life, having to Google this? Never mind it’s a subject to discuss with the wife later, anything to move the conversation in the right direction. 😜

Please watch, it does include some scouting knowledge on this matter. 

• Haha 2

I do think we need more high level experience through the core of our team. It’s all good wanting to get the younger players in but we have a lack of “older” heads. That experience can be vital on and off the pitch, you can see the respect Young holds, you could see the influence Jedinak, Whelan etc. had in the dressing room.

Gerrard’s comment on maybe bringing in somebody he knows to be captain makes me think we’ll get Hendo in, but Kondogbia is definitely more than good enough to get into our XI.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Gerrard’s comment on maybe bringing in somebody he knows to be captain makes me think we’ll get Hendo in, but Kondogbia is definitely more than good enough to get into our XI.

He signed a new long term contract last summer for 150k a week not sure we should be matching that no matter if he is a good leader. 

Liverpool fans seem to think he is finished and the contract was a mistake 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He signed a new long term contract last summer for 150k a week not sure we should be matching that no matter if he is a good leader. 

Liverpool fans seem to think he is finished and the contract was a mistake 

I expect it will be Wijnaldum. PSG want rid and his age & salary means that not a lot of clubs will be interested.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Matic on a free anyone? 

He's got presence alright but more the sort of presence that Nelson's statue in Trafalgar square has. Looks tall and strong but lacks mobility, so much so that he'll most likely end up like Nelson's statue, covered in pigeon shit.

• Like 1

We have enough quality youth in the ranks to concentrate this summer on buying experienced players and the finished article or close to it. Experience doesn’t necessarily mean older players - I think we will look for players who have either won or competed for major honours and played in the champions league. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Hickey, Gomez, Kondogbia, Bissouma, Coutinho, a Striker and a backup GK (assuming Olsen is of)

Would be an unreal window and a decent mix of early/mid 20s players and more experience. I would like to think we could get somebody who is more of a known quantity at CB than Gomez but in the context of that window, it'd be insanely good.

Depends who we lose though but think there are a couple players I'd rather not lose that I could get on board with if that was our window and they weren't going to be right for Gerrards plan anyway (Luiz, Sanson, Bailey all in that category, although think to lose Bailey we'd need to add another attacking midfielder like Madueke)

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I miss the days when rumoured transfer targets were on their way up.

Tbf, he was on his way up when linked to us... in 2013.

Side note: Don't read the 2013 speculation thread. Some of the names we supposedly bid for or were otherwise connected with will hurt you, never mind reliving the Kiyotake fiasco.